Announcing tissue-weighted mean

Gary

Nov 29, 2021, 3:50:24 PM11/29/21
to NODDI
Dear all,

I am thrilled to share an exciting new development with you.  I’m pleased to announce that we have developed tissue-weighted mean, an important new way to estimate regional means of NODDI metrics.  It addresses a hitherto unrecognised bias with the conventional way of computing regional means in the presence of CSF partial volume.  A similar problem exists for other techniques that account for CSF contamination.  Tissue-weighted mean works for those techniques as well.

You can read more about tissue-weighted mean by taking a look at the excellent research blog written by Dr Chris Parker, one of the primary developers:

The blog has the link to the full paper published in NeuroImage and the link to the github repository with an example implementation.

Very much hope that you will find this useful.

Best wishes,

Gary