MIDI port not created

joel.w.ch...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2021, 3:22:30 AM11/21/21
to nodal - generative music software
Newby here, just installed trial 2.0.3.0 on Windows 10. Not seeing Nodal Input or Nodal Output MIDI ports in Reaper or Bome MIDI Translator. I can see all my MIDI ports in the Nodal Document MIDI Sync port lists. What am I missing?

Related question - Is Midinous on friendly terms with this project? I discovered that first, then found my way here.

Irfon-Kim Ahmad

Nov 21, 2021, 2:50:31 PM11/21/21
to nodal - generative music software
If I recall correctly (and bear in mind that that's questionable at the best of times), the Nodal Input and Nodal Output ports are only created automatically on Macs. On Windows, I use loopMIDI, which you can get for free here: https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html

joel.w.ch...@gmail.com

Nov 21, 2021, 7:02:23 PM11/21/21
to nodal - generative music software
Thanks, after some more exploring I found my system's ports are the instrument browser Port dropdown. If I'd read through the manual instead of searching for 'ports' I might have gotten there sooner.

I use Bome MIDI Translator. While it isn't free, it does quite a lot of things I've found useful: https://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator