Note with infinite duration

瀏覽次數:29 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Rafael Andrade

未讀,
2020年1月27日 下午5:41:332020/1/27
收件者:nodal - generative music software
Hello all,
VERY rudimentary knowledge on how Nodal works here, so bear with me.
How does one create a note with infinite duration?
Thanks!

tladb

未讀,
2020年1月27日 下午6:55:112020/1/27
收件者:nodal - generative music software
From my understanding there is no infinity duration in Nodal. However you can go very long.

You can zoom out and draw nodes very far apart.
In the inspector window in the documents window you can set the number of beat per principle to a high number. The max is 128 using the arrows.
These set the note triggers (nodes) very far apart.
Having a low bpm would also help

This assumes you have a sound with a long sustain. You can experiment with the Slow Violin in the Nodal Synth.

If you have an evolving texture with a slow attack you could retrigger it as required with node A going to node B and back. Using Absynth to test.
This gives the sound of infinite length.

If you set the note length in the node panel to a high percentage then you will to have some distance between the nodes to prevent overlapping of notes playing.

The continuous controllers in the edge panel could be used to fade in volume to smooth out attack phases on triggering.

Note: I only ran a few test over medium time as the long times can be long.

Jon McCormack

未讀,
2020年1月28日 凌晨1:35:592020/1/28
收件者:nodal - generative music software
You can set the note duration in the "Notes" section of the inspector for the node to a very high number e.g. 1000000%
If you really want to send just a note on message (no note off - ever) you could also use the Advanced MIDI  message to send the note on message.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息