Virtual midi ports on Windows 11

Philippe Martin

Sep 30, 2022, 1:31:36 AM9/30/22
to no...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody,

On Windows, the virtual midi port from Tobias Erichsen, which I used to connect Nodal with other virtual instruments on my PC, is not working anymore, now that I have upgraded to Windows 11.

Do you know another midi driver that works on Windows 11?

Thank you,

Best,

Philippe

Rodney Berry

Sep 30, 2022, 2:52:12 AM9/30/22
to Philippe Martin, no...@googlegroups.com
I have not tried it personally, but LoopBe1 appears to work under Windows 11. I have used it under Win10 in the past and it was fine.

Rod.

Rodney Berry rodberry.net

Philippe Martin

Oct 1, 2022, 12:00:09 AM10/1/22
to nodal - generative music software
Thank you so much, Rod ! Perfect. 👍

Rodney Berry

Oct 1, 2022, 1:33:58 AM10/1/22
to Philippe Martin, nodal - generative music software
Did it work?
All my PCs are too old (5 years) to run Windows 11 (I guess it's the Trusted Platform Module thing?), even though Win 10 runs really well on things from ten years ago. :)

--

Rodney Berry rodberry.net

Philippe Martin

Oct 1, 2022, 2:30:28 AM10/1/22
to Rodney Berry, nodal - generative music software
Yes, it works and that's a great relief.
Cheers

John B.

Oct 1, 2022, 7:43:57 PM10/1/22
to no...@googlegroups.com
I use the Springbeats Virtual MIDI Cable on my Windows 10 computer. I tried the other usual suspects and prefer these. Here's the link:

I'm able to upgrade my computer to Windows 11, but I'm passing for now. Too many potential issues like the one you have here. Hope this helps someone out.

John Burgund

Gianluca Ferro

Jan 24, 2023, 5:05:05 PM1/24/23
to nodal - generative music software
Hello everyone!
I'm having the same issue and nothing seems to work in Cubase, I tried Springbeats Virtual MIDI Cable,  the virtual midi port from Tobias Erichsen and also LoopBe1, nothing seems to reach Cubase.
With the LoopBe1 I can see the midi port is receiving data but there's definitely something I'm doing wrong (I'm on Windows 11).
Wha I did so far with all those apps was running the midi port, assingning that midi port to Nodal and then ope Cubase, add a MIDI track and assign the same MIDI port to the track Input. Is that right?
Thanks again in advanve, I really hope to fix everything!
Gianluca Ferro

Gianluca Ferro

Jan 25, 2023, 7:32:31 AM1/25/23
to nodal - generative music software
Hello John !
Thanks tons for your help, I did some tests.
1st I installed Nodal and loopMIDI on one of my laptops with Windows 10 and it worked out brilliantly. I actually was doing something wrong, I set up the right MIDI Synch Output but forgot to set the same Output as Instrument Port.
Anyways, once I figured this out I've able to synchronize both Cubase and Nodal correctly and record the MIDI data from Nodal.
Then I got back to the main computer (Windows 11) and actually there are some issues both with loopMIDI and the Springbeats Virtual MIDI cable and also with Loop Be1, it all works fine until I actually I start recording; as soon as I start recording it kind of messes up the Signal from Nodal. Not such a big deal though, I'm more than happy to program things by sending the output in Cubase without recording and then transfer the project to the Laptop with Windows 10 and get the MIDI!
Thanks tons for your help!
Gian