Time, Values

ste ri

Dec 5, 2019, 10:45:46 AM12/5/19
to nodal - generative music software
Hi there,

as of now I assumed that notes get triggered depending on how the distance between them. Correct? But is there also a way to override this and "manually" enter a value? Sometimes I run into layout issues because the grid gets crowded if I want notes to be triggered by each other in a very short amount of time.

Jon McCormack

Dec 5, 2019, 5:12:58 PM12/5/19
to nodal - generative music software
Yes, correct - distance of edges joining nodes determines the timing. You can change this by making an edge a "wormhole" and the signal travels instantly to the next node, which you can position anywhere.

Jon

The Gimp

Dec 17, 2019, 2:06:16 AM12/17/19
to nodal - generative music software
Of course one solution to the overcrowding problem is to double the distance between nodes and double the tempo.