Nodal 2.1 for Windows Released

Jon McCormack

Jun 22, 2023, 1:10:00 PM6/22/23
to nodal - generative music software
Nodal 2.1 for Windows users is now available via our download page. This version fixes the licensing issues encountered with the previous release.

Philippe Martin

Jun 22, 2023, 3:07:43 PM6/22/23
to Jon McCormack, nodal - generative music software
Thanks for the info. I have installed the 2.1 version.  Unfortunately, it still does not seem to work. Here is what I get when I try to Activate the product with my license key :

image.png

Le jeu. 22 juin 2023 à 19:10, Jon McCormack <mccorm...@gmail.com> a écrit :
Nodal 2.1 for Windows users is now available via our download page. This version fixes the licensing issues encountered with the previous release.

Joel Chamberlain (Electrocat)

Jun 22, 2023, 6:47:32 PM6/22/23
to nodal - generative music software

Seems to be working for me. I removed 2.0 using Windows 10 "Add or Remove Programs" and then installed 2.1 in a new program folder. It detected my license, so I would guess that there are registry entries that didn't get removed when I uninstalled the previous version.

Regards,
Joel

LD50

Jun 23, 2023, 8:46:36 PM6/23/23
to nodal - generative music software
hi,

2.1 also isn't working for me. I wanted to install nodal on my new laptop that I have with me in the van on my travels but it reckoned my license was still active on another machine (true, my desktop at home). I just got home for a few days and figured I could deactivate on the desktop so I can run it on the laptop but the desktop version gave me the same licensing error as everyone else had, so I uninstalled and tried to install 2.1 but the installer doesn't even launch, it just seems to quit more or less immediately. I've applied all windows updates and uninstalled previous version and rebooted etc.

So currently I have a license stuck on this machine which I can't deactivate and can't install the 2.1 version...so I seem to be kinda stuck. Is there a way to nuke the registration remotely somehow or does anyone have any ideas for how to proceed?

I'm only home a few days a month and no longer use my desktop pc so it would be nice to get it deactivated so i can actually use the software on the laptop I have with me (or indeed any machine), which currently I can't.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

LD50