Nodal 2.1 beta crashing on M1 / Monterey

Jon Dickinson

Jul 17, 2022, 7:11:40 PM7/17/22
to nodal - generative music software
Couldn't find any existing post on this so apologies if I missed the red-hot thread :)

I bought Nodal 2.0 licence and try to use it on a M1 Macbook Air running Monterey, all is well until I hit play and the app just crashes into thin air either immediately, after a second or two, or when I hit volume up or down key.

Any suggestions?  I *really* want to get this working.....

Cheers
JD

Jon McCormack

Jul 17, 2022, 7:28:24 PM7/17/22
to nodal - generative music software
Hi JD,
Nodal currently doesn't work on M1 Macs running Monterey.
We're working on an update to address this. We don't have a firm release date yet but keep an eye on this group for an announcement.
Regards,

Jon

Jon Dickinson

Jul 18, 2022, 1:42:41 AM7/18/22
to Jon McCormack, nodal - generative music software
Will do - thanks for the update.
Cheers
JD

Karl Peters

Mar 25, 2023, 8:15:43 PM3/25/23
to nodal - generative music software
fwiw, demo of Nodal 2.1.0.5 working with zero issues  on M1 Apple Silicon on MacOS 13.2.1(Ventura). But, I've been warned by support to wait before registering....

Jon Dickinson

Mar 26, 2023, 7:26:53 AM3/26/23
to Karl Peters, nodal - generative music software

Thanks for this, I've just installed Ventura, so I'll give it a try👍
Cheers
JD

Karl Peters

Apr 20, 2023, 12:04:44 PM4/20/23
to nodal - generative music software
hi...any updates on this? did you have a chance to give it a try on Ventura?

Jon Dickinson

Apr 20, 2023, 12:56:58 PM4/20/23
to Karl Peters, nodal - generative music software
Yes, only yesterday and only for 10 mins, ran some of the more complex examples just fine. Haven’t had time to go in-depth yet. Runs well though 👍

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "nodal - generative music software" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodal/dd442cf3-e7ea-4337-8309-316a16f929a6n%40googlegroups.com.

Drombi

Apr 20, 2023, 5:03:05 PM4/20/23
to nodal - generative music software
I will add that I've been using Nodal 2.1.0.5 on a Mac Studio M1 running Ventura 13.2.1 without issue. Also, I have been able to open existing projects without a problem.

Karl Peters

Jun 13, 2023, 2:08:11 PM6/13/23
to Jon Dickinson, nodal - generative music software
Cool….do you think you guys will support it, allow purchase for that platform?

pawelj...@interia.pl

Aug 31, 2023, 10:48:03 AM8/31/23
to nodal - generative music software
Nodal 2.1 works fine on my M2/Ventura MBP under Rosetta2. No problems with activation, stability and performance is impressive. The only issue is a poor image quality on the built-in display.

Pawel Janicki

Nov 9, 2023, 6:22:25 AM11/9/23
to nodal - generative music software
Dear Friends

Do we have in plans an approximate date for a version that will work with modern Apple systems and as native Apple Silicon compilation? As a huge fan of Nodal, I can't wait to port my projects to newer hardware and OS ;-)

best

Pawel