The Drummer has been drinking

Arne Hanna

Sep 26, 2021, 2:43:10 AM9/26/21
to no...@googlegroups.com
It's been a while since I last synced Nodal to Ableton and the last time I did this I definitely had more functioning brain cells than I do now.
Anyway, here in PC land I'm using LoopBe Internal MIDI with Live 11.0.10 configured as depicted in the two image files attached.
What I'm getting is a reliable stop start with Live's transport controls but Nodal's tempo indicator is fluctuating around the tempo dictated by Live, in this case 174 bpm and the result is a beat that, while roughly in time, frequently trips over itself.  If anyone has any insights please let me know.

Cheers

Arne
NODAL_ABLETON1.PNG
ABLETON TRANSPORT.PNG

Brendon Bussy

Sep 27, 2021, 5:31:36 AM9/27/21
to Arne Hanna, no...@googlegroups.com
Hi

If your midi counter shows lots of small deviations from the desired tempo, this is not necessarily a problem, there will always be small fluctuations between apps. However you notice perceivable errors in timing. I've had a similar experience on my pc platform with syncing nodal and reaper (and not similar problems with for example Audiomulch and Reaper). I think this is an issue which should be addressed. I wish the pc version had a built in synth as the mac version has.

Brendon

Philippe Martin

Sep 27, 2021, 9:54:41 PM9/27/21
to no...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Nodal is so fun and interesting. I have a request.

Am I the only one who think that Nodal might be further improved in the way you enter the notes parameters?

Currently it's very code-like, having to type the values or functions in plain text, with brackets and the like. Would it be possible to imagine something more user-friendly, visually meaningful, with pianoroll, mouse selection, and other graphical features?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and I 'd be grateful if the developer could join the discussion.

Have a great day,

Phil

hans...@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2021, 3:32:51 PM9/28/21
to nodal - generative music software
Hi Phil,

I absolutely agree with you, Nodal is unique and I´d love to see some development being done. Hopefully the  developer hears us and makes things happen.

Let´s make some noise!

hapbrasil