Suggestions

Ido Feiler

Mar 5, 2020, 8:03:16 PM3/5/20
to nodal - generative music software
Hi all
Im sure some of you have ideas to make this software even better....all kinds of features
Is it worth posting them?....and maybe get comments from the developers as if the idea is good/bad...and if they will take it into consideration in future releases....

Cheers

Mikael Lind

Mar 6, 2020, 4:26:29 AM3/6/20
to nodal - generative music software
One thing that bothers me a bit when working on a smaller screen is the zoom feature. It's either very close or very far away, and nothing in between. So if I can't fit a sequence on to the screen and want to zoom out, I end up with something that is way to small instead. Either continuous zooming or another level of zoom would be great.

Jon McCormack

Mar 8, 2020, 7:43:29 PM3/8/20
to nodal - generative music software
We are working on updating the GUI to support continuous zooming rather than the zoom tab selector.

Jon

Mikael Lind

Mar 9, 2020, 9:57:31 AM3/9/20
to nodal - generative music software
Great!

Mikael

Ido Feiler

Mar 10, 2020, 7:08:05 AM3/10/20
to nodal - generative music software

I would like to have some communication between networks
Now if I connect two networks
For example network  A connected to network B
A is playing nodes of B but with the voice of A
But what if I want A just to trigger network B?
also a great thing will be is to have node that makes its network solo
Or mute a node on other network which will be great for drums but not only

So.. I think network communication will be very interesting

Nathan Rosquist

May 29, 2020, 7:37:29 AM5/29/20
to nodal - generative music software
I've been curious about the reasoning behind having to press ctrl/cmd+1,2,3,4,5, vs just being able to press a single button to change cursor mode (e.g. 1,2,3,4,5 or q,w,e,r,t).  It's not a big deal, but it is a piece of friction.

Jon McCormack

Aug 20, 2020, 5:05:29 AM8/20/20
to nodal - generative music software
That would present a problem when using other parts of the interface that require keyboard input - naming instruments for example. While you could turn it off in such situations if you forget that you're in a modal input things could get confusing.