Can't Install Beta on Mac Big Sur 11.4

Alex Roe

Jul 18, 2021, 7:23:48 PM7/18/21
to nodal - generative music software

Am seeing this message:

“Nodal” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

I know there are workarounds but I'd rather not have to resort them.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Alex

Jon McCormack

Jul 18, 2021, 7:28:07 PM7/18/21
to nodal - generative music software
If this happens you need to go to System Preferences (from the Apple menu) -> Security & Privacy, then make sure the padlock in the bottom left is unlocked. If it is within 30 mins of you trying to launch Nodal you'll see a button to confirm you want to allow Nodal, you need to confirm this.

You only need to do this once and next time Nodal should launch without that message.