Using Nodatime types with CSV libraries

Sean Farrow

Aug 4, 2021, 4:08:43 AM8/4/21
to noda...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Has anybody used any of nodatimes types with CSV libraries in .Net.

I’m specifically looking at both CSVHelper

https://github.com/JoshClose/CsvHelper

and FileHelpers

https://github.com/MarcosMeli/FileHelpers

It seems like they would both require some form of converters to be written so I was wondering whether anybody has done anything like this.

Also, on a related query, has any thought been given to a place where such contributions could live?

Thanks,

Sean.

Jon Skeet

Aug 4, 2021, 9:44:14 AM8/4/21
to Noda Time
I haven't seen anything like that, no - but it's likely to be very specific to the CSV library in question. I'd expect it to be reasonably easy to do for any given library.

As for where things like that could live - I'd rather not start taking on additional code to maintain and release, personally. I don't think there's enough demand to warrant a sort of "nodatime-contrib" repo at the moment.

Jon

--

---