Requests for backporting features into 2.5

Jon Skeet

Jun 28, 2019, 2:04:24 PM6/28/19
to Noda Time
Hi folks,

I suspect it will be at least 6 months until 3.0 is out (because we need to wait for C# 8, and then I still need to think about spans etc) and we've had feedback that a 2.5 release would be appreciated for type converter support.

Does anyone else have anything they'd really like in a 2.5 release?

Candidates include:
  • YearMonth
  • LocalTime.From{Hours, Minutes, Nanoseconds}SinceMidnight
  • ZonedClock.{Zone,Calendar,Clock}
  • InstantPattern.TemplateValue (this would be pretty tricky, I suspect)
  • Some more pattern properties
If I don't hear any specific suggestions, I may well go with "the ones I can cherry pick and validate really easily" :)

Jon