Retiring the 2.x line

Jon Skeet

Aug 11, 2022, 4:11:51 AM8/11/22
to Noda Time
Hi folks,

TZDB 2022b came out, and I'm just trying to release a Noda Time NuGet package supporting it.

Unfortunately Noda Time 2.4.x supports .NET 4.5, which makes it relatively hard to build these days.

Given that it's over two years since Noda Time 3.0.0 was released, and 2.x packages have been getting only 1-2% of the downloads of 3.x, I would rather put my time into things other than supporting 2.x.

Right now I'm on holiday, so all I'm going to do is push the 3.1.1 package - I'll adjust the documentation when I get home (if it needs it). If anyone feels strongly that we should continue to support 2.x, please let me know and I'll look at what I can do.

Jon

Malcolm Rowe

Aug 13, 2022, 7:08:19 AM8/13/22
to noda...@googlegroups.com
I feel fairly strongly that we shouldn't support 2.x any more :)

LIke you say, 3.0.x came out over two years ago, and (per https://nodatime.org/userguide/migration-to-3), a migration to 3.x should be pretty straightforward.

Malcolm