Any last calls for changes before I release NodaTime 3.0?

Jon Skeet

Feb 15, 2020, 2:43:30 PM2/15/20
to Noda Time
Hi folks,

Having evaluated the Span parsing work, I'm pretty sure we can't do it in a netstandard2.0-portable way without losing significant performance in at least some situations due to some text matching methods not being available on ReadOnlySpan<char>. I have some drafty work that would introduce a second interface to handle spans, which we could introduce in 3.1 if we want.

This parsing work is the last thing I know of holding up a 3.0 release, which I know some of you have been waiting for patiently for quite a lot time.

Does anyone have anything else they'd like to see in 3.0? If not, I'll try to get to a release some time in the next week.

Jon