Time to shut down the Gitter channel?

Jon Skeet

Dec 4, 2019, 2:12:58 AM12/4/19
to Noda Time
Hi folks,

I wonder what everyone else feels about the Gitter channel for Noda Time. My experience is almost entirely negative:
  • I get notifications about an hour after the message, so it doesn't have the benefit of real-time chat, which it would do if I were constantly logged into it.
  • Most of the time we get questions which really need more information - which I'd hope would usually be provided if the person in question filed a GitHub issue or Stack Overflow question.
  • The answers to any questions won't be useful to anyone else afterwards, as they won't be picked up by search engines.
Would anyone mind if I removed the link to it from the GitHub README and the web site?

Jon