Scheduled "semi-down" time for nodatime.org

Jon Skeet

Mar 5, 2019, 8:42:12 AM3/5/19
to Noda Time
Hi folks,

I'm finally moving nodatime.org onto Google Kubernetes Engine - which should make it easier to diagnose problems, more reliable and other goodness.

The actual switchover of the service is simple, but the way that SSL certificates are provisioned means that there may well be a period where either browsers don't receive a certificate at all, or receive one signed for a different host (probably gke.nodatime.org, based on past experience).

If you or your application is accessing the site via HTTP - e.g. for http://nodatime.org/tzdb/latest.txt - then I'd expect the downtime to be zero, because it's just switching DNS. For HTTPS, my experience so far suggests there may be about an hour where it all looks a bit odd.

My current plan is to make the change early tomorrow morning UK - so probably around 2019-03-06T07:00Z. Shout in advance if that's going to cause any problems for anyone.

Jon

Jon Skeet

Mar 6, 2019, 2:55:58 AM3/6/19
to Noda Time
Hi folks,

As far as I'm aware, all is now well, with DNS switched over and all certificates responding correctly. Please shout if you notice any issues.

Jon