Video / Cross-Asia With A Rider Named Emma, A Vespa Named Grettle, A Dog Named Molly - Adventure Rider

David Grider

Dec 2, 2023, 9:26:41 PM12/2/23
to noazr...@googlegroups.com, Ken Larson, Mike Watkins, Terry and Lea Young, Denise Lerette, George Ellis, Paul Grider, Sarah Spruch, Roger Grider
Okay Mark, here is your challenge. And George, you have the newly refurbished scooter plus lots of spare time.

https://www.advrider.com/cross-asia-with-a-rider-named-emma-a-vespa-named-grettle-a-dog-named-molly/

Sent from my iPad

Rider Dave

Dec 2, 2023, 9:31:43 PM12/2/23
to noazr...@googlegroups.com, Ken Larson, Mike Watkins, Terry and Lea Young, Denise Lerette, George Ellis, Paul Grider, Sarah Spruch, Roger Grider
Had the foot surgery yesterday in Mesa.   I'm staying here at daughter's for a week, maybe 2.  I've been napping on and off and taking  meds. Foot is starting to ache a bit. . .   Doc harvested bone from my heel and leg just below the knee.  I'm off my feet until February.

Gerard Oleszczuk

Dec 2, 2023, 9:44:10 PM12/2/23
to noazr...@googlegroups.com
I sure hope this is the last one!

Rider Dave

Dec 3, 2023, 1:54:03 AM12/3/23
to noazr...@googlegroups.com
It's #4 on the same foot in 3 years so I hope so too.  Sleeping in a nice power recliner gets old after a week..

Mark Jennings

Dec 3, 2023, 10:10:33 AM12/3/23
to noazr...@googlegroups.com
Meh.  I've seen so many people around the world riding 3 up plus the 60# family dog on $800 125cc motorcycles with worn-out street tires through gravel, water and mud that a young lady on a modern scooter with a dog the size of a football doesn't impress me.  🙂

Mark Jennings

Dec 3, 2023, 10:13:47 AM12/3/23
to noazr...@googlegroups.com
Hopefully, this surgery will be your last.  If there's a 5th I'd suggest finding a good veterinarian., Better, cheaper.  🙂

Michael Terzich

Dec 3, 2023, 10:45:09 AM12/3/23
to noazr...@googlegroups.com
On another subject: I have 3 of these posters for any of you who are BMW-centric riders. Garage Art.
IMG_0101.JPG

Raymond J Michalowski

Dec 3, 2023, 10:49:23 AM12/3/23
to noazr...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

Heal (heel?) well.

Ray

Dec 3, 2023, 1:44:26 PM12/3/23
to noazr...@googlegroups.com
Agree!!!  And a retired one would do it even cheaper!

Raymond J Michalowski

Dec 3, 2023, 5:14:59 PM12/3/23
to noazr...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon all,

My wife, Jill, stopped riding a few years ago after a stroke. The time has come to pass along her better jackets to other riders. There are two. One is a nearly new First Gear black leather jacket with liner. The other, a fringed red leather rig, was her pride and joy for local day rides and parades. The First Gear jacket is a women's 38, and the fringed is a women's Medium. Jill was 5.3" in her riding years, and about 135 lbs. They fit her nicely. Photos attached.

These a free to a good home. I would like them to go to people who will get them back on the road. So, if you would like one or both, or know someone who might like one, let me know. I will be coming to Flagstaff from Rimrock on Wednesday, and could deliver them. Or we can make other arrangements.

Thanks,
Ray

Dec 8, 2023, 11:31:07 PM12/8/23
to noazr...@googlegroups.com
Dave—-Speedy recovery!   Being off your feet in January isn’t the worst…nothing much happens in that month -  generally it’s iffy for motorcycling.  Follow the doctor’s orders.
Jon
Sent from my iPhone

Rider Dave

Dec 9, 2023, 12:38:01 AM12/9/23
to noazr...@googlegroups.com
I'm home now, "trying" to elevate but I don't have a recliner . . . .   Kitty is happy to have me here, but . . . it is a struggle alone!