Aksjer i RedHat Software

Ole Aamot

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99
Fikk en mail fra RedHat Software idag, med tilbud om å
kjøpe aksjer før de sleske no-brainerne i Wall Street.

From: d...@redhat.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 17:01:39 -0400
To: o...@gphoto.org
Subject: A personal invitation from Red Hat

Dear open source community member:

In appreciation of your contribution to the open source community, Red Hat
is pleased to offer you this personal, non-transferable, opportunity.

As you may have heard, Red Hat has filed a registration statement with the
SEC* regarding the proposed sale of common stock in an initial public offering.

Red Hat couldn't have grown this far without the ongoing help and support of
the open source community. Therefore, we have reserved a portion of the
stock in our offering for distribution online to certain members of the open
source community. We invite you to participate.

This stock will be distributed through E*TRADE Securities. E*TRADE has
created a private area of their web site at http://www.etrade.com/redhatipo
to provide information on this program. To access this page you'll the
following Log-On ID and Password:

-------------

[ Personlig data klippet bort. Må bo i USA for å benytte tilbudet. ]

-------------

Here you can find information about the offering and our offering
prospectus. You'll also be able to link to an online E*TRADE account
application form.

If you are interested in applying to purchase shares in Red Hat, here's what
you'll need to do.

First, visit E*TRADE's Red Hat Community information site at
http://www.etrade.com/redhatipo. Here you'll be able to get details about
our offering, including updates on the timing of the IPO and our offering
prospectus.

If you are interested in applying to purchase shares you can link to an
online E*TRADE account application from there. This account will need to be
active by 07/28/99 to apply for the shares that have been reserved for the
community.

Once you have an active E*TRADE account you can indicate an interest in
purchasing Red Hat shares. In the event that demand for shares exceeds the
supply of shares that we have been able to reserve for community members
E*TRADE will use a random allocation model that will allocate shares in 100
share lots to as many people as possible. Therefore delivering an indication
of interest to E*TRADE will not guarantee an allocation of shares.

Please note:
· Due to certain securities industry regulations purchase of these
securities can be made by US residents only.
· A copy of the preliminary prospectus can be obtained from E*TRADE
Securities by visiting their web site at http://www.etrade.com/redhatipo,
by calling 888-707-8680 x4263 or by emailing offe...@etrade.com.
· All applicants for public offering stock will be required to submit and
pass an online eligibility profile at the E*TRADE web site. Public Offerings
are considered speculative investments and therefore you will be required to
answer a series of questions about your Investment Experience, Goals and
your Financial Background.
· In the event that demand for these securities exceeds supply E*TRADE will
employ a random allocation methodology to allocate shares, therefore
delivering to E*TRADE an indication of interest in purchasing Red Hat shares
will not guarantee a share allocation.
· Purchase of shares will require that you have funds available at E*TRADE
to purchase a 100 share minimum allotment. These funds will be needed at the
time the offering is priced.
· You must register with E*TRADE using the email address in the "To:" line
above. Use of any other email address will not work.
. Due to some people having multiple email addresses, some people
may receive this note more than once. We apologize for this,
but must point out that this opportunity is only available once per
person. You also may not transfer this opportunity to anyone.

If you have any questions about the IPO process you can call E*TRADE's
special support line for Red Hat at 888-707-8680, or via email
at offe...@etrade.com.

As always, thank you for your support.

Best Regards,

Bob Young,
Chairman & CEO
Red Hat, Inc.

A registration statement relating to these securities has been filed with
the Securities and Exchange Commission but has not yet become effective.
These securities may not be sold nor may offers to buy be accepted prior to
the time the registration statement becomes effective. This communication
shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy
nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any jurisdiction in which
such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to the registration
or qualification under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.

No offer to buy the securities can be accepted and no part of the purchase
price can be received until the registration statement becomes effective,
and any such offer or indication of interest may be withdrawn and revoked
without obligation or commitment of any kind, at any time prior to notice of
its acceptance given after the effective date.

*The United States Securities and Exchange Commission.

ObFrust: At jeg ikke bor i USA, og ikke kommer til å bo der før fristen.

--
Ole

Brynjar Mosbakk

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99
Ole Aamot wrote:

> Fikk en mail fra RedHat Software idag, med tilbud om å
> kjøpe aksjer før de sleske no-brainerne i Wall Street.

Ser ut som Wall-Street gutta har lurt dere som bor utenfor USA.

> [ Personlig data klippet bort. Må bo i USA for å benytte tilbudet. ]

Var det ikke en finne som fant opp Linux.... og amerikanerne lager
business av det.

> ObFrust: At jeg ikke bor i USA, og ikke kommer til å bo der før fristen.

Denne IPO'en kommer sikkert til å ta av, som stort sett alle Data-IPO'er
har gjort i det siste.

Ole Aamot

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99
Brynjar Mosbakk <mos...@online.no> writes:

| Var det ikke en finne som fant opp Linux.... og amerikanerne lager
| business av det.

Miguel de Icaza, meksikaneren som startet GNU desktop-prosjektet GNOME,
som RedHat distribuerer sammen med annen GPL software som Linux, sa det
slik i går:

I was planning on buying 2 shares. And I am a Mexican Citizen.
So, as the guys on the "Big Lebowsky" movie would say "I am fucked
in the ass".

--
Ole

Brynjar Mosbakk

Jul 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM7/21/99
Ole Aamot wrote:
> I was planning on buying 2 shares. And I am a Mexican Citizen.
> So, as the guys on the "Big Lebowsky" movie would say "I am fucked
> in the ass".

Jeg vet ikke hvor stor denne OSC er, men jeg regner med at den er godt
spredd rundt omkring i verden.

Brynjar Mosbakk

Aug 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/12/99
Brynjar Mosbakk wrote:

> Ole Aamot wrote:
> >
> > Fikk en mail fra RedHat Software idag, med tilbud om å
> > kjøpe aksjer før de sleske no-brainerne i Wall Street.
> >

> Ser ut som Wall-Street gutta har lurt dere som bor utenfor USA.
>
> Denne IPO'en kommer sikkert til å ta av, som stort sett alle Data-IPO'er
> har gjort i det siste.

Tilbakemelding om Red Hat :
Tror IPO-prisen(emisjonsprisen) var på $14(emisjon for et par dager
siden), nå er den i hvertfall på $73. Så det var synd du ikke bodde i
USA.

Jon K Hellan

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
Brynjar Mosbakk <mos...@online.no> writes:

> Tilbakemelding om Red Hat :
> Tror IPO-prisen(emisjonsprisen) var på $14(emisjon for et par dager
> siden), nå er den i hvertfall på $73. Så det var synd du ikke bodde i
> USA.

I underkant av 40 milliarder kroner, altså.

Du verden...

Jon Kåre

Preben Randhol

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
Jon K Hellan <Jon.K....@item.ntnu.no> writes:

| I underkant av 40 milliarder kroner, altså.
|
| Du verden...

Den steg til 56 og sank til 38 da børsen stengte, hva som skjer idag
vet jeg ikke :-)

--
Preben Randhol oO "Don't think about domination, think
[ran...@pvv.org] .` ; about freedom, it doesn't dominate."

Brynjar Mosbakk

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
Preben Randhol wrote:

> Jon K Hellan <Jon.K....@item.ntnu.no> writes:
>
> | I underkant av 40 milliarder kroner, altså.
> |
> | Du verden...
>
> Den steg til 56 og sank til 38 da børsen stengte, hva som skjer idag
> vet jeg ikke :-)
>
> --

Disse IPO'ene har ofte i det siste nådd høyeste notering rett etter
introduksjonen på børsen og så opplevd et fall. Man får se.

Preben Randhol

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
Brynjar Mosbakk <mos...@online.no> writes:

| Disse IPO'ene har ofte i det siste nådd høyeste notering rett etter
| introduksjonen på børsen og så opplevd et fall. Man får se.

Generelt ligger vel verdien på IT-aksjer over det den burde ligge
på ?

Brynjar Mosbakk

Aug 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM8/13/99
Preben Randhol wrote:

> Brynjar Mosbakk <mos...@online.no> writes:
>
> | Disse IPO'ene har ofte i det siste nådd høyeste notering rett etter
> | introduksjonen på børsen og så opplevd et fall. Man får se.
>
> Generelt ligger vel verdien på IT-aksjer over det den burde ligge
> på ?

Prising har i hvertfall vært høy(og er høy ?). For eksempel har
internett-indeksen på New-York-børsen falt med ca. 50% siden April.