Alta and Finnmarksvidda

Simon Strobl

May 21, 2008, 7:14:26 AM5/21/08
Hello,

first I would like to apologize for having to post in English.

I want to hike in Finnmarksvidda in August. As I will need to buy some
outdoor equipment in Alta (such as gas cartridges, which you cannot
take with you in planes), I am looking for (the homepage of) an
outdoor shop in Alta. I would like to make sure that I will be able to
buy everything I need.

I am also interested in any type of tips and links to good pages
concerning hiking in Finnmarksvidda.

Simon

Kjell T Svindland

May 24, 2008, 10:36:51 AM5/24/08
Simon Strobl <Simon....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to hike in Finnmarksvidda in August. As I will need to buy some
> outdoor equipment in Alta (such as gas cartridges, which you cannot
> take with you in planes), I am looking for (the homepage of) an
> outdoor shop in Alta. I would like to make sure that I will be able to
> buy everything I need.

I do not know Alta or any shops there personally, but searching a phone
directory gave the following link, with several sport shops including
G-sport, one of Norways largest chains of sport shops, and one shop
dedicated to unexpensive clothes and related gear for hunters and hikers
(Wistex).
http://www.1881.no/Bransje/?Query=alta+sport&qt=7&ValgtBransje=Sports-+o
g+fritidsutstyr&Type=bransje
Maybe you can phone some of them, or use the hits as basis for a further
search for websites.

> I am also interested in any type of tips and links to good pages
> concerning hiking in Finnmarksvidda.

A tip: Buy a hat fitted with a net to protect your face and neck from
"mygg", a rather harmless but very annoying moskito. :-)

--
Kjell T Svindland
69°41'N, 18°45'E

Simon Strobl

May 26, 2008, 3:38:12 AM5/26/08
> dedicated to unexpensive clothes and related gear for hunters and hikers
> (Wistex).http://www.1881.no/Bransje/?Query=alta+sport&qt=7&ValgtBransje=Sports-+o
> g+fritidsutstyr&Type=bransje

Good tip! Thanks a lot.

> A tip: Buy a hat fitted with a net to protect your face and neck from
> "mygg", a rather harmless but very annoying moskito. :-)

I already own such a hat. I never go to the Fjäll without it.

Simon