Download error

Betsy

Jun 3, 2009, 8:19:06 PM6/3/09
to No Thirst Software User Forum
I am getting this error when trying to download accounts:

[400] ERROR There was a problem accessing the URL for this financial
institution.

I searched the archives and found that this is a known issue with
investment accounts. That's good to know as I thought perhaps my 401K
and IRA had disappeared. :)

However, I'm also getting the error with my American Express account,
a credit card. It happens to be a Costco American Express card - would
that make a difference? Or is there another issue?

Thanks!

Kevin Hoctor

Jun 3, 2009, 11:27:19 PM6/3/09
to no-thirst...@googlegroups.com

Sorry about the investment accounts. That is being fixed in the next
release. The American Express card should work though. Please send
your ofxlog.txt file to ke...@nothirst.com (make sure it's not going
to the forum) for review. You can find it in your ~/Library/
Application Support/MoneyWell folder. Thanks.

Peace,

Kevin Hoctor
ke...@nothirst.com
No Thirst Software LLC
http://nothirst.com
http://kevinhoctor.blogspot.com

Betsy

Jun 7, 2009, 12:55:13 PM6/7/09
to No Thirst Software User Forum

Well, we got this straightened out (thanks, Kevin!)

Now I go back to my Citibank credit card again. That was the first one
I set up, and it dutifully went out and pulled in all my transactions
since December of last year. Wonderful. However, since then when I
click on the Download button, I get the litte message that says
"Downloading OFX to Citicard", but nothing is actually downloaded. The
account detail still says Updated 6/3/09.

Is there another step that I've overlooked?

I looked in the archives and saw some reference to having to pay for
this service with Citibank. If that's the issue, why did I get
transactions the first time I tried?

Thanks.

Kevin Hoctor

Jun 7, 2009, 2:04:21 PM6/7/09
On Jun 7, 2009, at 9:55 AM, Betsy wrote:

> Well, we got this straightened out (thanks, Kevin!)
>
> Now I go back to my Citibank credit card again. That was the first one
> I set up, and it dutifully went out and pulled in all my transactions
> since December of last year. Wonderful. However, since then when I
> click on the Download button, I get the litte message that says
> "Downloading OFX to Citicard", but nothing is actually downloaded. The
> account detail still says Updated 6/3/09.
>
> Is there another step that I've overlooked?
>
> I looked in the archives and saw some reference to having to pay for
> this service with Citibank. If that's the issue, why did I get
> transactions the first time I tried?

Hi Betsy,

If it worked the first time, it should continue to work. Please send
your ofxlog.txt file to ke...@nothirst.com for review (not this
forum). You can find it in your ~/Library/Application Support/

Kevin Hoctor

Jun 7, 2009, 2:49:16 PM6/7/09
to no-thirst...@googlegroups.com
On Jun 7, 2009, at 9:55 AM, Betsy wrote:

> Now I go back to my Citibank credit card again. That was the first one
> I set up, and it dutifully went out and pulled in all my transactions
> since December of last year. Wonderful. However, since then when I
> click on the Download button, I get the litte message that says
> "Downloading OFX to Citicard", but nothing is actually downloaded. The
> account detail still says Updated 6/3/09.
>
> Is there another step that I've overlooked?

Hi Betsy,

After reviewing your log, I'm guessing that this is a problem with
Citibank directly. Banks do have server issues occasionally. If this
continues, I suggestion you contact them and tell them that you are
having problems connecting to this account with Quicken for Mac (don't
say MoneyWell because it will confuse them).

Betsy Grimm

Jun 7, 2009, 3:02:21 PM6/7/09
to no-thirst...@googlegroups.com
Okay, thanks.

U.Block

Jun 7, 2009, 11:51:07 PM6/7/09
to No Thirst Software User Forum
I, too, am having problems with Citibank today. It has worked for many
months, but today I just get the "downloading" message and then
nothing appears.

-Ueyn

U.Block

Jun 7, 2009, 11:59:19 PM6/7/09
to No Thirst Software User Forum
Definitely a problem at Citibank's end. The citicards website spits
out an error if you try to download a statement in Quicken format. It
seems to work if you choose .QIF format, but that does not seem to be
a choice for unbilled activity, only for previous whole statements.

-Ueyn