[ NNSquad ] Big Tech and the Abortion Wars

Lauren Weinstein

May 7, 2022, 1:05:45 PM5/7/22
to nns...@nnsquad.org

Big Tech and the Abortion Wars

I cannot emphasize enough how the GOP and Supreme Court war on women
will push big tech Trust & Safety teams into the forefront of
preserving everyone's liberties. The fascist, theocracy-seeking GOP
will flood tech with demands for search and location data to track
women.

And abortion is only the lead issue. The evil twins of the GOP &
Supreme Court are lining up to attack contraception, gay marriage,
women's right to vote, racial equality. They openly are pushing for a
theocratic Christian church controlled government. Big tech cannot
play along.

If the GOP gains control of the 3 branches of the federal government,
they will push through a total abortion ban including rape and incest,
as some red states are already doing. Even the life of the mother is
considered secondary to the fetus by many anti-abortion proponents.

And since various states are already planning to try make going to
another state or country for an abortion illegal, the Abortion Police
will want to depend heavily on data -- what women search for, where
they go and where they have been, what forums they post in. All of it.

I view the coming Abortion Wars on the state and federal level to be
an inflection point for Big Tech data -- where the firms will need to
pick sides for the sake of our liberties. In Nazi Germany, most firms
failed this test, and even some U.S. firms happily engaged with
Hitler.

It is crucial that Big Tech policymakers understand the existential
threat to ALL of our liberties represented by the GOP/Supreme Court
partnership, and that they be prepared to take any and all actions
required to protect our data from abuse, to an extent never seen
before.

- - -
Request invite to my private discussion forum: g-forum...@vortex.com
--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein (lau...@vortex.com): https://www.vortex.com/lauren
Lauren's Blog: https://lauren.vortex.com
Founder: Network Neutrality Squad: https://www.nnsquad.org
PRIVACY Forum: https://www.vortex.com/privacy-info
Co-Founder: People For Internet Responsibility
Tel: +1 (818) 225-2800