Celebrate home brewing

David Gunter

Feb 11, 2021, 5:12:03 PM2/11/21
to nmsdccb
On this day 100 years ago, a Denver Colorado court ruled in favor of a homebrewer who had been brought up on charges of violating the state's prohibition laws. The court ruled that the brewer, one Jacob Bahl, did not violate the prohibition of "the manufacturing for sale or gift...of alcohol" law since it did not sell nor gift the beer.
[Source: Santa Fe New Mexican, 11 Feb 1921]

I'll raise a pint to that.

Cheers,
david
denver-homebrewers-Santa_Fe_New_Mexican_Fri__Feb_11__1921_.jpg
--
David Gunter
Santa Fe, NM

brandon obrien

Feb 11, 2021, 5:15:43 PM2/11/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I might have to name my next brew after the guy.  "Bahls to the Wall American Wheat w/ Galaxy"

dogunter

Feb 11, 2021, 5:18:16 PM2/11/21
to nmsdccb
I was just trying to think of a name. That is outstanding.