Virtual Meeting/Time for a change...

David Gunter

Oct 11, 2020, 3:24:35 PM10/11/20
to nmsdccb
Hello Folks,

As we are not going to be able to meet in person for some time, we need to find another way to run the club moving forward.

We pushed off collecting dues, paying for club insurance, and holding elections this year with the outlook being that we would not be holding the competition, nor meeting in person for any other outside event.

When Jim Steinbach left, we had to close out the bank account that was in his name. We definitely need to open a new bank account under the clubs name, but it doesn't make sense to do that until new officers are elected. Otherwise we have to go change all the signature cards and such. That's just a pain.

Let's hold another Google Meeting this Wednesday at the usual club time, 6:30PM MDT.  I know it isn't the third Wednesday, but hopefully that isn't too much of an inconvenience.

The URL for the meeting is meet.google.com/rit-svod-zsb

Topics to discuss are:
1) Who is willing to run for office positions: President, Secretary, Treasurer.
Ken expressed an interest to remain as secretary some months back but we still need people for the other two spots.

2) Who knows how we can hold an anonymous election?
There are online services for this type of thing, one of which is free for up to 20 voters, and only $15 for around a thousand. So it seems like we could go that route if there are no other options.

3) Who will want to take on helping with opening up a new account? I'll dig up the paperwork with our 501(c)(7) status and such, so hopefully that is an easy thing to do. It would be better if this was done by a newly elected treasurer. I sent an email to Ken to make sure our old cashiers check is still good.

That's all I have for now, feel free to chime in with ideas and other topics to discuss.

Cheers,
david
--
David Gunter
Santa Fe, NM

jtbolleter

Oct 11, 2020, 4:57:26 PM10/11/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Everyone,

Joann said she can help with the account. She's the manager at the southside Century Bank branch and  there are several branches in northern New Mexico. Plus it's one of the only local banks left in town.  Once we know who the officers are that need to be listed on the account, get her the paperwork if that's all right with the group.

Ted

ERIC HEINRICH

Oct 11, 2020, 5:39:01 PM10/11/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I am a Red Cross volunteer and we have weekly meetings Wednesdays at 6:30 so this day and time is never good for me to attend a club meeting.

Eric Heinrich

Oct 11, 2020, 5:52:55 PM10/11/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I volunteered for treasurer a while back. I'm still ok with that if nobody else wants it.  Board meetings, collect dues,, write a few checks and attend the annual homebrew club treasurer's conference in the Caymans. I'm in.

Warren Lail

Oct 15, 2020, 6:12:00 PM10/15/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com

Great virtual meeting last night.  It was good to catch up with everyone, discuss new leadership, beer styles, yeasts, etc.  I’m going to make a video when I use my new Brewzilla for the first time.  We’ll see what happens!

Looking forward to next month’s meeting.

Warren