Cider time!

Ed Williams

Sep 2, 2022, 9:09:40 PM9/2/22
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone

I know I’m going to have a ton of apples to ferment in about a month. Is anyone else making cider this year? A few years ago some of us went out to Chimayo to press apples, it would be cool to do that or throw in together on a press rental if others need one.

Also, does anyone know where to get crabapples? Last year I waited too long and couldn’t find any.

I’m having a baby right around cider pressing time so I’m trying to be organized about it this year. Appreciate any intel

--
Ed Williams
Reporter

David Gunter

Sep 2, 2022, 9:25:31 PM9/2/22
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I'd pitch in to rent a press and would love to help out.
-david

brandon obrien

Sep 3, 2022, 1:42:20 AM9/3/22
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
There's a huge crab apple tree in front of some of the state buildings on Cerrillos between alta Vista and Cordova. I've taken some from there before to add in small amounts to my cider.

I'd also be down for going in on a press rental if we can find one. Does anyone know what happened to the press that Jami had at the old homebrew shop?

-Brandon

Kenneth Reese

Sep 3, 2022, 6:28:18 PM9/3/22
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I've always wanted to make a hard cider, I'm in.

Ken

Ed Williams

Sep 5, 2022, 12:30:11 PM9/5/22
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the crabapple intel Brandon! I just went by and picked a bunch, and there’s a ton still on the tree.

I know SWGG rents presses but I’ll see if I can find anything closer to Santa Fe. The tree I’m harvesting is in Albuquerque so the apples won’t be ready for another month or so