Club idea

Aaron Costello

Jul 27, 2020, 9:48:23 PM7/27/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com

Hey everyone,

I had an idea to get some engagement/interaction/excitement for the club at the same time helping out some of our local breweries in these tough times that don't look to be allowing a meeting for the club for a while.

What if each month we picked a local brewery that is releasing a "new" or "known good/decent" beer for packaged sales? Club members have a week to pick up directly from the brewery or coordinate with a fellow club member on splitting up a 4/6 pack(or growler fill).   We try to get the brewer or an assistant brewer on the zoom call with everyone from the club. We have a structured set of questions that as a club we come up with beforehand and have them answer them on the call while we are drinking the beer we chose for that month. Also, maybe have some questions about how the brewery is doing during covid, future plans for the brewery, future brews, etc.  We then open it up for any questions/comments from the club members.  We let the brewer get off the zoom at that point(or stay on if it's someone from the club or wants to hang out longer) and have a set of questions club member answer like what have they brewed recently?, what do they have planned on brewing?,  what commercial beers have they been drinking? Any beers that have stood out to people, that club members need to try? etc. we then just stay on and chat if people want to.

I think this would help the club long term with engagement/retention/collaboration/and maybe some accountability on brewing at the same time helping out some of our local breweries.

Hope everyone is well,

Aaron

ERIC HEINRICH

Jul 28, 2020, 12:40:53 AM7/28/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like an interesting idea.

Jul 28, 2020, 8:35:53 AM7/28/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I like that idea!  I feel like the club is long overdue for some kind of activity and this sounds like it would be easy enough to coordinate.

David Gunter

Jul 28, 2020, 12:08:37 PM7/28/20
to nmsdccb
Sounds like the motion was seconded and thirded. Aaron, would you want to handle setting up the first one? It doesn't have to fall on a club meeting day and will likely depend on the brewer/brewery's time constraints.

-david

--
David Gunter
Santa Fe, NM

Aaron Costello

Jul 29, 2020, 12:33:37 PM7/29/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I can set up the first one.  Hopefully more people than just the 4 of us would join.

Aaron

Lorrey Muellenberg

Jul 29, 2020, 3:26:46 PM7/29/20
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
I'm in!  Definitely time to see what everyone has been up to these last 5 months.  I have Zoom loaded and ready.

Cheers,
Lorrey
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to nms...@googlegroups.com.

David Gunter
Santa Fe, NM

Kevin Wohlmut

Jul 29, 2020, 5:02:19 PM7/29/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I've missed a bunch of meetings, but I might have time this month, and I like the idea.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nmsdccb/3c7d2401-3d3a-4798-8d91-6576eed38001o%40googlegroups.com.

David Teter

Jul 29, 2020, 7:42:22 PM7/29/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I’ll definitely be joining. It’s a great idea!

Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Bill Eckman

Jul 29, 2020, 10:21:05 PM7/29/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com

Ed Williams

Jul 29, 2020, 10:53:15 PM7/29/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Me too

--
Ed Williams
Reporter

CenturyLink Customer

Jul 31, 2020, 3:24:02 PM7/31/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I would love to try it. Not on Zoom at the present time, but can be loaded....

Jeff Welch
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to nmsdccb+u...@googlegroups.com.

CenturyLink Customer

Jul 31, 2020, 3:24:18 PM7/31/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I would love to try it. Not on Zoom at the present time, but can be loaded....

Jeff Welch

Aug 1, 2020, 11:06:15 AM8/1/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
What do people think about starting with this one?

Sent from my iPad

David Gunter

Aug 1, 2020, 12:16:36 PM8/1/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
That’s a good idea. We’d have to move fast to acquire some and set this up.

--
David Gunter
Santa Fe, New Mexico

On Aug 1, 2020, at 9:06 AM, Aaron <coste...@gmail.com> wrote:

What do people think about starting with this one?

<image0.jpeg>

Bill Eckman

Aug 1, 2020, 12:41:50 PM8/1/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I'm out of town. Would someone grab a 4-pack for or split one with me?
Bill

dogunter

Aug 1, 2020, 1:16:03 PM8/1/20
to nmsdccb
I've got ya, Bill.
-david

Bill Eckman

Aug 1, 2020, 3:46:23 PM8/1/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Muchas gracias sensor!

John Rowley

Aug 1, 2020, 3:57:21 PM8/1/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I'm glad to zoom about this beer but I wanted to work tomorrow on finishing up the wood work and staining in the front.  I need to borrow Gunter's table saw to make some rips to do this.  I have an issue right now as my internet main line at home was cut in a recent road grading event and I do not have internet at home.  We might be able to work something out later in the week as we are planning on doing a Facebook Live at Tyler's house next Friday.  He doesn;t use zoom as it is a somewhat insecure platform, so we'd have to figure something else out.

We are open to options....

David Gunter

Aug 1, 2020, 8:13:16 PM8/1/20
to nmsdccb
There's no need to Zoom ASAP. The idea was to give folks time to get the beer, say a week or more. Right, Aaron?

The saw is available anytime you need it, John. I'll be around all day tomorrow.

-david

John Rowley

Aug 1, 2020, 8:15:31 PM8/1/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Thanks David.  I will give you a ring in the morning.

Aaron Costello

Aug 1, 2020, 10:00:42 PM8/1/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, Club members start buying the beer tomorrow “Rowley’s Brother Nelson” or see if someone is willing to snag you some and stand by for when the video chat is(Google’s video chat might work better if zoom is a problem, You might not even need a google account to use it).  Yeah John, we can do it later in the week or next just let us know. Tomorrow would be too soon most likely.

Aaron

ERIC HEINRICH

Aug 2, 2020, 7:07:43 PM8/2/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Try Microsoft Teams

Aug 3, 2020, 9:33:45 PM8/3/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Just picked up my 4 pack. Do we have a date yet? I'm gonna be out of town Wednesday and Thursday but don’t let that stop everyone else if those are the best days for the rest of the group

Aaron Costello

Aug 5, 2020, 12:51:01 PM8/5/20
to Ed Williams, nms...@googlegroups.com
Ed, no date yet but as soon as one is decided on I’ll email it out(maybe someone could call or text Ken, I don’t think he checks this email).

Aaron Costello

Aug 10, 2020, 7:02:52 PM8/10/20
to Ed Williams, nms...@googlegroups.com
So we have confirmation on doing the Google Meet on Wednesday August 12th @6:30.   We are doing the Rowley Farmhouse Ale Brother Nelson.  Get it before the meeting and if you want to submit any questions to me by tomorrow evening I can sent them in advance to the Rowley crew. Coste...@gmail.com  but no big deal if you want to ask them directly too on the call as well.  I'll send the link out on Wednesday for the meeting. can someone notify Ken directly? I don't think he ever checks his email.

looking forward to seeing everyone on Wednesday,
Aaron Costello

David Teter

Aug 11, 2020, 9:45:32 AM8/11/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Aaron,

Thanks for setting this up. Sounds like fun. Unfortunately I’m starting my 3 day drive to Oregon tomorrow and will probably be on the road during the meeting. I’ll try to call in if I have service, but no tasting while driving. Maybe I’ll crack open a can tonight so I can comment or ask questions tomorrow.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Tyler King

Aug 12, 2020, 7:55:03 PM8/12/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Do we have a meeting link yet?

Aaron Costello

Aug 12, 2020, 8:01:27 PM8/12/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I’ll be home in 10 min and get a link up by 6:15

Tyler King

Aug 12, 2020, 8:02:47 PM8/12/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com

Aaron Costello