BJCP practice update, September meeting minutes and Oktoberfest party

brandon obrien

Sep 16, 2021, 4:11:30 PM9/16/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
First things first: we're going to have our first BJCP practice on Saturday September 25th at 2:30pm.  Tom and Eric will be sending out more information about this when they're ready.

To go along with the mini club competition theme of amber lager / festbier, we're going to be having an Oktoberfest party to go along with next month's meeting.  Brats, kraut, German potato salad, pretzels, etc will be provided.  The meeting will be at Ted's house on October 20th @ 6:30pm.

Lorrey did another great job of hosting this month’s meeting! He provided snacks as well as tamales and sides which was much appreciated! In addition to the great food and beer, we had some amazing patio weather for the meeting. In all, there were 9 of us in attendance.

We had another diverse selection of beers at the meeting! Those were:

  • Brandon – Belgian Dark Strong, Cherry Sour, Pinot Noir Sour
  • Dave – Belgian Wit IPA, Milk Stout
  • Lorrey – Cider, Oktoberfest, Bierstadt Pils, Heady Topper, Bourbon Stout
  • George – IPA w/ Idaho 7, New Zealand Pale Ale
  • Tom – Pilsner, Soulcraft Chile Ale
  • Eric – Imperial Blonde, Hobgoblin Ruby, Belhaven Stout
  • Ted – Cherry Porter, Apple Cider, Sour Belgian
  • Aaron – Hefe

(Note: commercial beers are italicized)

I hope to see everyone next month!  If you have any friends who are homebrewers and are interested in the club, please invite them!

-Brandon

jtbolleter

Sep 16, 2021, 5:03:25 PM9/16/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Remember everyone to bring your own brots or choice of grill meat. Sides will be provided by Ted and Brandon.