December 2022 Meeting Minutes

brandon obrien

Dec 23, 2022, 8:58:21 AM12/23/22
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers

Our final meeting of 2022, and on the shortest day of the year, was full of dark stouts, winter warmers and big Belgian beers.

There were seven of us in attendance this month which isn’t too bad considering how close the meeting was to the holidays. In total there were 18 beers we shared.

Some topics we covered at the meeting included:

Apparel order – We’re trying to get some numbers for our next round of apparel order. If you want a work shirt or t-shirt, check out this post for more information and a link to our spreadsheet where we’re tracking interest: SDCCB Club Shirts / Apparel Ordering

Custom SDCCB glassware – Lorrey also brought up the idea of getting some custom glassware with our club logo printed on it. After a quick look, the pricing doesn’t seem too bad. There would be a $45 setup fee for the printer and then each glass would be about $5 with a minimum order of 24. We’ll look into this more and see what size / style of glassware would be the best.

Upcoming Events:

Winterbrew is back! It will take place on January 20th, 2023 at the Railyard. They have GA and VIP tickets where the VIP tickets get you into the event an hour earlier. For more information on the event, all of the breweries that will participating and to buy tickets, click here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/winterbrew-at-santa-fe-railyard-tickets-472220553387

Internal Club Competitions:

For February 2023 – Start thinking about brewing a stout for our February 2023 mini club competition. If you want to brew a heavy stout, you should probably start brewing it soon!

For March 2023 – We’ll have another round of our Irish beer competition. Since this will be the month after our Stout competition, we’ll have this one focus on Irish Red Ale (leaving out the Irish stouts).

The full list of beers brought to the meeting were:

  • Aaron C: Stout, Sour Heff, Gillian by Goose Island
  • Brandon O: Braggot, Mole Stout by Tumbleroot
  • Corey T: British Strong Ale, Santa’s Butt by Ridgeway Brewing, Bad Elf by Ridgeway Brewing, Our Special Ale by Anchor
  • Eric H: Holiday Ale w/ Spices, Straffe Hendrik
  • Ken: Brown Ale, Vanilla Coffee Porter
  • Lorrey: ESB, Double Barrel Big Bad Baptist (2021) by Epic Brewing
  • Tom: Imperial Stout (Aug 2022), Frootwood by Founders, Old Leghumper by Thirst Dog Brewing

(Note: commercial beers are italicized)