Big Brew May 7th

sandw...@gmx.com

Apr 7, 2022, 3:09:56 PM4/7/22
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
Hi gang,
I'm writing to gauge if there's any interest in attending a Big Brew event at Beer Creek.
I can set up hot and cold lines, and we've go plenty of malt to share, as well as Bellma and El Dorado hop pellets (11 lbs each), gratis, for this event. We have plenty of parking and an area next to the brewery for pop-ups and brewing systems. And pizza...

If there's enough interest, let me know.

Cheers,
Jami Nordby
Beer Creek Head Brewer
(Formerly Rowley's)
(Formerly Santa Fe Homebrew Supply)

brandon obrien

Apr 11, 2022, 3:52:54 PM4/11/22
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
Hey Jami!

I'm not sure how, but this email ended up in my spam folder.  I didn't know you had sent the offer out until David Gunter mentioned it to me the other day. This sounds like a fantastic opportunity and would be a great time. I won't be able to brew that day, but could swing by and hang out for a while if we end up getting some other brewers that plan on coming by.

For those of you who haven't done a Big Brew before, it's a really fun time.  Big Brew takes place the first Saturday in May each year and is meant to be a celebration for congress announcing May 7th as National Homebrew Day. The American Homebrewers Association has a couple recommended recipes to brew, but there isn't any obligation to brew those.

Since I've been involved with the club, we had a Big Brew at Santa Fe Brewing Co and Ted held one in his backyard in 2019.

If anyone is interested in participating this year, reply to this email so we can let Jami know if they should plan to host it or not.

-Brandon

david

Apr 11, 2022, 4:29:29 PM4/11/22
to nmsdccb
I plan to participate this year and also appreciate Beer Creek putting out the welcome mat.
-david
--
David Gunter
Santa Fe, New Mexico

Warren Lail

Apr 11, 2022, 5:15:12 PM4/11/22
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I won’t be able to brew because I have a 220 volt all-in-one, but I plan on coming by and ordering a pizza!

Warren

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 11, 2022, at 2:29 PM, david <da...@davidgunter.com> wrote:

I plan to participate this year and also appreciate Beer Creek putting out the welcome mat.

ERIC HEINRICH

Apr 11, 2022, 8:17:15 PM4/11/22
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I brew on top of my stove so this wouldn't work for me.

Eric

Apr 11, 2022, 9:24:53 PM4/11/22
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Sounds fun to me, I’ll try to check it out

--
Ed Williams
Reporter

George Candal

Apr 12, 2022, 9:09:11 AM4/12/22
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
I would like to come. I have a 120v ebiab system, so as long as I can run an extension cord somewhere I will be able to attend.

Tom Russo

Apr 12, 2022, 10:34:39 AM4/12/22
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I'm planning to attend and brew.  I have an extra burner, if anyone wants to borrow it.  Even if you aren't brewing, stop by and socialize.

Jami - Thanks for setting this up. It's always fun to brew together. We love the beer and pizza at Beer Creek.

Tom

Corey Tresidder

Apr 18, 2022, 1:35:06 PM4/18/22
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
I'll attend and participate, but I have a 7ft. brew stand so I won't be brewing that day. I need some fresh Hoppa

Jami Nordby

Apr 18, 2022, 4:36:51 PM4/18/22
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
Great to hear we'll have some Sangres that day! We have 120v hook ups, and will have hot water for dough-in and cold water for chilling.
Refer to the original post for available ingredients. We're also going to use it as a fund raiser for Ted Bolleter and family. He'll be by, as well as Mark Baca, Troy Padilla, Todd Yocham, Rich Headley, Ryan McArdle, myself and my assistant brewers, and possibly a contingent from Albuquerque.
I'll be here at 8:30 am for set-up. Please use the south (employee) entrance to the property, and bring pop-ups for shade. We don't have quite the warehouse that Santa Fe Brew Co did.
Can't wait to see some old familiar faces and some new ones!
We'll post an announcement on the Beer Creek Facebook page with more details, and I'll repost that here.
Cheers,
Jami Nordby
Beer Creek

Jami Nordby

Apr 18, 2022, 4:38:08 PM4/18/22
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
Come on, Warren. I've got 220V here. :-)

Jami Nordby

Apr 27, 2022, 10:35:10 AM4/27/22
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
BCB169-Big-Brew-social-1080x1080-A.jpg
Cheers, and hope to see you May 7th!

Tom Russo

May 8, 2022, 3:02:24 PM5/8/22
to nms...@googlegroups.com

Hey Everybody,

This came up fast.  I posted this date on the cancellation notice, but didn’t send the follow-up until now.

The second BJCP class will be held Thursday 5/12/22 6:30 PM at my house.

2408 Camino Agua Azul in Santa Fe.  Close to the intersection of Zia and Rodeo.
You are welcome to attend any class, regardless of prior attendance or interest in taking the exam.

We'll have snacks available.

If you have a homebrew of one of these styles that you'd like us to judge, bring a bottle.

The topics will be:

1. Score Sheet: Aroma
2. Ingredient: Hops
3. Style: American Ales

18. PALE AMERICAN ALE
    18A. Blonde Ale
    18B. American Pale Ale
19. AMBER AND BROWN AMERICAN BEER
    19A. American Amber Ale
    19B. California Common
    19C. American Brown Ale
21.IPA
    21A. American IPA
22. STRONG AMERICAN ALE
    22A. Double IPA
    22B. American Strong Ale
    22C. American Barleywine

Thanks,
Tom

630-677-6366

Sent from Mail for Windows

May 8, 2022, 7:07:47 PM5/8/22
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I have a previous obligation so I will either be late or have to skip it all together.

David Teter

May 8, 2022, 10:26:57 PM5/8/22
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I’m questionable depending on how the fire evolves.

Dave T.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 8, 2022, at 5:07 PM, Eric Heinrich <eriche...@heinrichrealty.info> wrote:

BCB169-Big-Brew-social-1080x1080-A.jpg

brandon obrien

May 9, 2022, 8:17:32 AM5/9/22
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
Unfortunately I won't be able to make this practice.  Enjoy!

-Brandon

George Candal

May 9, 2022, 9:23:25 PM5/9/22
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers