CO2 exchange in Santa Fe?

brandon obrien

Oct 22, 2022, 10:07:41 AM10/22/22
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
I've been getting my tank filled at Southwest Grape and Grain in ABQ for the last couple of years and haven't really kept up with who, if anyone, does CO2 fills/exchanges in Santa Fe.

My tank is about to run out and I don't really want to make a trip down to ABQ if I don't need to.  Does Airgas still do exchanges? Any other options around town?

Thanks!

-Brandon

John Rowley

Oct 22, 2022, 10:39:07 AM10/22/22
to nms...@googlegroups.com
The only 2 I know of that do exchange are airgas and Matheson. Airgas used to get a club discount, not sure if they still honor that as the guy I used to work with on that left awhile back. Nobody does fills to my knowledge.

Ed Williams

Oct 22, 2022, 10:41:10 AM10/22/22
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Matheson gas off st Mike’s has beverage grade CO2. Their hours are weird so check if they’re open before you go. They don’t refill your tank, they just exchange it for a full one

Ed Williams
Reporter
Searchlight New Mexico
Signal: 505-699-6401

brandon obrien

Oct 22, 2022, 10:49:09 AM10/22/22
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
Awesome, thanks. I'll check out matheson!

-Brandon

Warren Lail

Oct 22, 2022, 12:43:13 PM10/22/22
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I think Airgas still does it. I bought my own tanks and don’t exchange them so I go to SWGG. Prices are high now. A 10 lb tank fill at SWGG was something like $40

Sent from my iPhone

Corey Tresidder

Oct 24, 2022, 9:37:37 AM10/24/22
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
I have 10 lb. tank and I had it exchanged at Matheson a few weeks ago for $35 incl. tax. I called Airgas out of curiosity and they quoted me $80. Buyer beware