Neomexicanus Hops

John Rowley

Oct 1, 2021, 12:47:38 PM10/1/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Howdy y'all,
I have some 2021 crop Neomexicanus whole leaf hops grown by Randall at Sherrog hops in Pecos.  He brought them over as a gift, but I don't have a spot to put them right now so I want to gift them to the club members.

I am at the brewery today, so come by.  First come first serve.  If I am out, ask for Mike. There's about 2 pounds so plenty to cover a few homebrew batches.

Cheers,
John

Tom Russo

Oct 1, 2021, 1:38:49 PM10/1/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Would this be a good one for a competition - any style, but must showcase Neomexicanus?

Sent from Outlook

Oct 1, 2021, 1:45:06 PM10/1/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
That's a good idea.  I think there is a total of 29 ounces.  I can give you guys the whole sack and you figure it out. Tyler and I can come judge the final competition. Best beer wins.

Aaron Costello

Oct 1, 2021, 10:27:25 PM10/1/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Tom great idea! November or December club meeting we do it? Does someone in the club have space to store them?

Tom Russo

Oct 2, 2021, 6:14:44 PM10/2/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I can keep them in my fridge or freezer.  Can I pick them up tomorrow?

Sent from Outlook

Oct 3, 2021, 8:41:43 AM10/3/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
Not sure if anyone is there today (Sunday 10/3), but MIke will be there tomorrow and knows where they are.  Head over and ask for Mike.  I told him of my plans for the hops for you guys.

Also, I talked to the hop grower in Pecos, and he'd love to host a club tour next year.  I'll put Brandon in touch with him so that he can coordinate something if the club is interested.

Cheers,
John

Tom Russo

Oct 4, 2021, 7:42:19 PM10/4/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Thanks John.  I picked them up this evening.  It will be great to see you and Tyler.  Any target for when you might be free on a third Wednesday?

We can discuss the competition details at the October meeting.  I can have it split up and ready to distribute.

Thanks Again,
Tom

Sent from Outlook

Sent: Sunday, October 3, 2021 7:41 AM
To: nms...@googlegroups.com <nms...@googlegroups.com>

John Rowley

Oct 5, 2021, 9:21:26 AM10/5/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I think it depends on when the beers are ready. Let’s discuss once beers are brewed and y’all are ready.

Tom Russo

Oct 20, 2021, 1:44:11 AM10/20/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I have 28, 1oz bags of these hops to pass out.  If you want some, but aren't coming to the meeting, let me know and I'll hold back some for you.

Ed Williams

Oct 20, 2021, 9:44:02 PM10/20/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I’ll take some if it’s not too late

--
Ed Williams
Reporter

brandon obrien

Oct 20, 2021, 10:59:00 PM10/20/21
to 'Kenneth Reese' via Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
Hey Ed.

I grabbed 2 oz for you. I'll give you those whenever we can meet up next.

-Brandon

From: nms...@googlegroups.com <nms...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of John Rowley <jro...@gmail.com>Sent: Sunday, October 3, 2021 7:41 AMTo: nms...@googlegroups.com <nms...@googlegroups.com>Subject: Re: [nmsdccb] Neomexicanus Hops

From: nms...@googlegroups.com <nms...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Aaron Costello <coste...@gmail.com>Sent: Friday, October 1, 2021 9:27 PMTo: nms...@googlegroups.com <nms...@googlegroups.com>Subject: Re: [nmsdccb] Neomexicanus Hops

On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 11:38 AM Tom Russo <tomd...@hotmail.com> wrote:
Would this be a good one for a competition - any style, but must showcase Neomexicanus?
Sent from Outlook

From: nms...@googlegroups.com <nms...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of John Rowley <jro...@gmail.com>Sent: Friday, October 1, 2021 11:47 AMTo: nms...@googlegroups.com <nms...@googlegroups.com>Subject: [nmsdccb] Neomexicanus Hops

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers" group.