Fwd: Homebrew Club Insurance Program - 12/1/2020 Open Enrollment

1 view

David Gunter

Nov 2, 2020, 1:04:10 PM11/2/20
to nmsdccb
As of yesterday, we have new club officers. Congratulations to Brandon and Tom for stepping up and helping out. And congrats to Ken for staying on.

I'm forwarding this email from Jenny Caldwell of West Insurance. They are the folks who offer the good rates through the AHA. Open enrollment for next year has begun and the club should decide if they want to provide coverage this year or not. The forecast is not looking good for any sort of social events happening through at least the end of the year. FWIW, the cost for insurance is $4.25 per club member.

The email brings up a good question: Do we have a current club roster? It used to consist of dues-paying people, but we did not collect dues last year.  A look at the email list shows 65 members, but of course there are only 8 or so regulars that ever respond to email.

If we have a roster that is at least 75% registered AHA members, then the AHA will reimburse for the cost of providing insurance.

-david

Open enrollment for Club insurance has begun. The new policy would begin 12/1.
Nov 2, 2020, 2:49:32 PM11/2/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I am an AHA member and perfectly willing to pay the $4.25 regardless of how many times we end up meeting in person.

Eric J. Heinrich