March 2023 Meeting Minutes

brandon obrien

Mar 16, 2023, 6:26:19 PM3/16/23
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers

Our first meeting after the time change was a great one, even if it was raining and cold outside. We had 26 beers with 13 homebrewers in attendance. There were several Irish beers and a great black + tan thanks to Corey.

Custom Club AHA Renewal

I signed us up for the AHA referral program which gives our club a $5 kickback whenever someone joins or renews their membership through our custom link and enters SDCCB as the code. If you’ve let your membership lapse or haven’t signed up before, I’d encourage you to do so. You can find our custom URL here: https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/support-the-aha/?promo=Sangre-de-Cristo-Craft-Brewers (note: you will still need to enter SDCCB as the code when you’re at that point in the sign up process).

Some topics we covered at the meeting included:

St. Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl – The plan is to meet at the Railyard on Friday between 4-6 pm (probably closer to 6pm) at the Second Street location and then crawl from there.

Club Dues / Elections in April – We’ll collect club dues ($20 for the year) and hold elections during the April meeting. If you want to run for president or start a new role (VP, event/competition coordinator, social media, etc), come to the meeting and throw your name into the hat!

Apparel order – I’m going to look into one more place locally and then we’ll officially start the ordering process for new club work shirts and t-shirts. I’ll have pricing available at the next meeting.

Internal Club Competitions:

For June 2023 – Brew up a Belgian! Any beer that falls into BJCP 2021 categories 24 and 25 are fair game. This includes: 24A. Belgian Witbier, 24B. Belgian Pale Ale, 24C. Biere de Garde, 25A. Belgian Blonde Ale, 25B. Saison, 25C. Belgian Golden Strong

The full list of beers brought to the meeting were:

  • Aaron: Mystery beer, Grisette No. 04 by Fernie Brewing Co
  • Ben: Czech Pilsner, Milk Stout + Club Barrel blend, Citra Hop Tea, Seven Layer Coconut Velvet Cake IPA – Bow & Arrow Brewing
  • Brandon O: Cherry Sour
  • Corey T: Warp (International Pale Lager), Trillian’s (Irish Stout) [Combined into a Black + Tan], Ancient Ruins (2018) – Cerebral Brewing, Forever Awake (2018) – Cerebral Brewing
  • Eric H: Irish Stout, Belhaven Black Scottish Stout, Wexford Irish style Cream Ale
  • George: Bock, Milk Stout by Black Sheep
  • Ken: Pilsner, Black Lager
  • Lorrey: Pilz (Czech), Slow Pour Pils by Bierstadt, Heritage’s Apricot Whiskey Sour by Westbound and Down, West coast IPA b Westbound and Down
  • Michael: Foreign Extra Stout
  • David R: Macintosh and Mixed Apple Cider
  • Tom: Foreign Extra Stout (Mr. Snook Extra), Buddy Pass by Breckenridge Brewery

(Note: commercial beers are italicized)

Aaron Costello

Mar 17, 2023, 7:45:22 PM3/17/23
to nms...@googlegroups.com
30 min wait at 2nd street railyard. Me and Ken are going to restoration pizza/Bosque

Aaron C

On Mar 16, 2023, at 4:26 PM, brandon obrien <brandon....@gmail.com> wrote:

<PXL_20230316_014042153.PORTRAIT.jpg>

-Brandon