December Virtual Meeting and Contactless Beer Exchange Idea

brandon obrien

Dec 8, 2020, 3:34:36 PM12/8/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sangres!

I hope everyone's been staying safe and getting a chance to brew (or at least drink some good beer).

December Virtual Meeting:
I'm going to plan on another virtual meeting via Google Meet on Wednesday December 16 @ 6:30pm (our normal meeting day/time). I'll send out an email next week with a link to the meeting. If virtual isn't your thing, no worries.  Maybe we'll be able to meet again in person late next Spring.

Beer Swap / Exchange:
Since we're obviously not having a holiday party this year, I'd like to propose a beer swap for anyone interested.  We can flesh this out a little more depending on interest but my general thought was that anyone who has their beer bottled and wanted to participate would drop their bottles off in a box outside my house late next week and then i'd divvy up the beers and play Santa to everyone who contributed and drop off a mix pack on the 23rd or 24th.

For example, if we have 8 participants, everyone would give seven 12oz bottles (one for each participant, minus you) and then I'd make a mix pack with one beer from each participant and deliver that to your doorstep.  No in-person mingling needed.

Depending on interest and feedback, I might cap this at 8 people just so it's easier to plan on having that many bottles available.  If you're interested, let me know and we can get a separate email going.

Thanks to David Gunter
I wanted to say a special thanks to David for his time as the president of the club over the last couple of years.  Coordinating and organizing the Second Street brewery yeast share was just one of the awesome things he took the lead on.  I hope we can continue that once things get back to normal.

Take care everyone!

-Brandon

Ed Williams

Dec 8, 2020, 10:17:57 PM12/8/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Brandon. Great idea on the beer exchange, I’m interested

Ed Williams
Reporter
Searchlight New Mexico
Signal: 505-699-6401

ERIC HEINRICH

Dec 9, 2020, 12:02:44 AM12/9/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I would be interested depending on the beers exchanged.  Since I am not a fan of sour beers, I would not want to receive any of those.  I do currently have 9 different beers that I have brewed over the past year.

Eric

Dec 9, 2020, 11:15:22 AM12/9/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Brandon,

I’d probably be up for this. Good idea.

If you were ok with it, I could arrange to bring my beers down to Santa Fe when you plan to distribute them. That way I can bring back my portion to White Rock and also help you with splitting them up and deliveries if you like.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone