BJCP Class Thursday, December 2nd, 6:30 PM @ Tom & Georgia's

Tom Russo

Nov 18, 2021, 5:40:44 PM11/18/21
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
The second BJCP class will be held Thursday 12/2/21 6:30 PM at my house.
2408 Camino Agua Azul in Santa Fe.  Close to the intersection of Zia and Rodeo.
You are welcome to attend any class, regardless of prior attendance or interest in taking the exam.

We'll have snacks available.

If you have a homebrew of one of these styles that you'd like us to judge, bring a bottle.

A quick and tentative RSVP would be helpful so I can know if we need to reschedule.  Tuesday 11/30 could work too.

The topics will be:
1. Score Sheet: Aroma
2. Ingredient: Hops
3. Style: American Ales
18. PALE AMERICAN ALE
    18A. Blonde Ale
    18B. American Pale Ale
19. AMBER AND BROWN AMERICAN BEER
    19A. American Amber Ale
    19B. California Common
    19C. American Brown Ale
21.IPA
    21A. American IPA
22. STRONG AMERICAN ALE
    22A. Double IPA
    22B. American Strong Ale
    22C. American Barleywine
Thanks,
Tom
630-677-6366

ERIC HEINRICH

Nov 18, 2021, 6:11:53 PM11/18/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I will not be able to make it as I have a holiday party that evening in Albuquerque.

Eric

Nov 30, 2021, 2:14:49 PM11/30/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Is anybody planning on attending this Thursday?  If things are too busy, we can cancel and pick up again after the holidays.

brandon obrien

Nov 30, 2021, 2:21:07 PM11/30/21
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
I'm planning on attending. I feel like if it's less than five of us total it might be better to delay though.

-Brandon

Eric Heinrich

Nov 30, 2021, 2:45:50 PM11/30/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com

David Teter

Nov 30, 2021, 9:46:39 PM11/30/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Sorry guys, I also can’t make it this week.

As an aside, I’ve started to make some 1/2 batch single hop pale ales. Two are finished and I am looking to do another 4 if possible by January. Whether we do pale ales as a class before then doesn’t matter, but I thought it would be fun to do side-by-side comparisons of the pale ales with the different hops. I’m trying to keep all other variables the same (inspired by exBEERiments). I’ll have some to bring to club meetings as well.

Dave

Aaron Costello

Nov 30, 2021, 11:37:29 PM11/30/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I could make it Thursday but would prefer after the holidays.

Aaron

On Nov 30, 2021, at 7:46 PM, David Teter <redme...@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry guys, I also can’t make it this week.

Tom Russo

Dec 1, 2021, 11:18:47 AM12/1/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Done.   12/2 is cancelled.

We'll do first Thursday, starting on January 6th.

Great idea Dave, looking forward to tasting them!

Tom Russo

Dec 16, 2021, 2:42:20 PM12/16/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Moving it out one week as discussed at last night's meeting.
The second BJCP class will be held Thursday 1/13/22 6:30 PM at my house.
2408 Camino Agua Azul in Santa Fe.  Close to the intersection of Zia and Rodeo.
You are welcome to attend any class, regardless of prior attendance or interest in taking the exam.

We'll have snacks available.

If you have a homebrew of one of these styles that you'd like us to judge, bring a bottle.

brandon obrien

Dec 17, 2021, 8:55:20 AM12/17/21
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
Sounds good, I'll be at the meeting!

-Brandon

Tom Russo

Jan 11, 2022, 1:53:09 PM1/11/22
to nms...@googlegroups.com

brandon obrien

Jan 11, 2022, 2:34:30 PM1/11/22
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
I plan to be there!

-Brandon

Aaron Costello

Jan 12, 2022, 8:57:12 PM1/12/22
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Hey gang,
 I had a covid scare last week but luckily tested negative. I didn't have rapid tests so it took 5 days of waiting to get the PCR results, the state is really backed up. I think I'm out for this BJCP class.

Aaron

ERIC HEINRICH

Jan 13, 2022, 10:14:19 AM1/13/22
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Sorry to hear that Aaron.  Your expertise will be missed.  I will be there.

Eric

Jan 13, 2022, 10:16:01 AM1/13/22
to Sangre de Cristo Craft Brewers
My wife's boss stupidly came into work last week while feeling sick and then subsequently tested positive for Covid. Sam started feeling kinda crummy this weekend but got a negative at-home and antigen test which seem to throw a lot of false positives for Omicron. She's going in for an actual PCR test now but we obviously won't have the results for a couple days.

If Sam does have Covid, I've been exposed and could potentially be contagious right now.  I'll be skipping out on this practice unfortunately.

-Brandon

Tom Russo

Jan 13, 2022, 11:11:59 AM1/13/22
to nms...@googlegroups.com
We've lost 1/2 the class and we're in the midst of a surge.  I'm going to cancel.  I have a trip to Chicago that I need to pin down before I reschedule.

See you next week (knock on wood),
Tom