Anyone need some WY3711 French Saison slurry?

1 view

brandon obrien

Jul 26, 2020, 5:11:29 PM7/26/20
to nms...@googlegroups.com
This yeast started as a fresh smack-pack which was pitched into a 5-ish% grisette on June 15th.  I kept a mason jar of the slurry from that beer which finished on June 30th and pitched it into a saison a couple days ago.

Fermentation on my saison should be wrapped up soon and then I'll let it sit for another week or so before transferring it to a barrel.

If anyone needs some of this yeast, let me know and I can save you a mason jar of it.  I don't have any more saison brews coming up so whatever isn't needed is going into the compost.

For those who don't know, this yeast is an absolute beast.  I regularly get FG's at 1.002 or lower. The grisette finished at 1.001.  It also likes fermenting warm.  I have it sitting at 85'F right now but in past brews I've taken it up into the 90's.  Depending on the ferm temp it can really throw some pepper and lemon aromas.

Let me know if anyone needs some and I can keep a jar.  This is a 6 gallon batch so I'll probably be able to get three 8oz jars worth.

-Brandon