poss new member

jtbolleter

Mar 22, 2021, 6:58:36 PM3/22/21
to Home Brew Club
Hey everyone, I met a guy at albertsons the other day who overheard me talking with Alana from Santa Fe brewing CO. He found out I was a home Brewer and started asking me about it because he has an interest in making mead. I told him about the club and he's interested in joining. His name is Kevin and I gave him the Web address because he does not use social media at all. So whoever the administrator let him join and he may have questions for all the Mead makers out there.
Hope everyone is well.
Ted

brandon obrien

Mar 22, 2021, 7:02:32 PM3/22/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ted! We'll keep an eye out for him if he tries to reach out to us.

I'm really hoping we'll be able to start up our monthly meetings in another couple of months.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a May meeting.

-Brandon

James Bolleter

Mar 22, 2021, 7:59:05 PM3/22/21
to Home Brew Club
On another note,   I talked with Brian about the brew club's annual camping trip and we have the hops farm for Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully most of us will have our shots and be 28 days behind by then.

 My new and improved backyard can host a brew meeting this summer or Spring as well.  I've had my 1st shot and will be done in good to go for meetings by the 1st of May.

Warren Lail

Mar 22, 2021, 8:42:12 PM3/22/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Dudes,

I can host a meeting in my man cave (720 sq ft, finished, insulated, heated) in May if you like. I’ve had both shots so I ought to be protected from all but the Rowley strain by then. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

Warren

Sent from my iPhone

david

Mar 22, 2021, 9:04:31 PM3/22/21
to nmsdccb
Just throwing my back yard/deck in for the ability to host meetings when it warms up a bit more. Sonya and I have had both of our shots and we're hoping it isn't long for the rest of y'all to catch up. But outside meetings should pose much of a problem soon.
--
David Gunter
Santa Fe, New Mexico

Lorrey Muellenberg

Mar 22, 2021, 9:43:46 PM3/22/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Likewise, I’m fully vaccinated and have a patio available for a meeting.

Lorrey

Sent from Lorrey's HAL 9001.

On Mar 22, 2021, at 7:04 PM, david <da...@davidgunter.com> wrote:

Just throwing my back yard/deck in for the ability to host meetings when it warms up a bit more. Sonya and I have had both of our shots and we're hoping it isn't long for the rest of y'all to catch up. But outside meetings should pose much of a problem soon.

--
David Gunter
Santa Fe, New Mexico

David Teter

Mar 22, 2021, 9:54:10 PM3/22/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Los Alamos County is at Turquoise level (not trying to brag) so I suppose I could host a club meeting if you all were willing to take a road trip. I’ve got an amazing back patio view off the Sangres in White Rock … and I should be fully vaccinated by mid-April.

Dave

James Andrews

Mar 23, 2021, 2:03:42 PM3/23/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Hey!  My place is always open  to host the meeting.  We meet every Thursday from 2 until 5, and have ben since February. I know the scenery is not like yours but we can offer you 50 mile winds and tornados on occasion.
JIM

Warren Lail

Mar 23, 2021, 3:03:00 PM3/23/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
I like your club’s meeting schedule, Jim!  Wish I were near by. I would be a regular!

Warren

Sent from my iPhone

Tyler King

Mar 23, 2021, 9:50:01 PM3/23/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Says the guy that hasn't been to a meeting in years! haha. Gotta give you crap Warren since we last saw you at the meeting at your house! Happy to do a meeting whenever we're all ready!  My 2nd Faucii Ouchi is Thursday!

Warren Lail

Mar 24, 2021, 6:34:17 PM3/24/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Tyler,

I’m now retired and have lots of time on my hands.  And of course I’m brewing and talking trash as usual!

I’ve given some thought to the May meeting and, after reconsideration, I’ve decided that may be a bit too soon for an indoor meeting.  I will gladly attend someone’s deck meeting.  I also have a large deck available for an outdoor meeting and I have some patio heaters if needed.  I think my deck is 16x48, so plenty of room.

Warren

P.s.  I’m drinking Bosque’s Cloud Comb and loving it.  It was brewed exclusively for Whole Foods and I think I’ve stocked away about 6 four-packs.  Not cheap but really, really good.

Tyler King

Mar 24, 2021, 6:44:25 PM3/24/21
to nms...@googlegroups.com
Oh yes! Can't wait for the fun banter to be in person! Haha