Editing nmrML.org web pages

Steffen Neumann

Jan 29, 2014, 2:59:57 PM1/29/14
to nm...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

here is a very basic intro to editing our nmrml.org
web pages. This text is also available in the wiki[1]

The website is maintained as a special branch "gh-pages" in the nmrML
repository at https://github.com/nmrML/nmrML/tree/gh-pages .

It is a good idea to create some directory (say, nmrML) on your
computer, and in there clone the nmrML repo twice: first nmrML/devel
and nmrML/gh-pages which saves switching forth and back.

Because the gh-pages branch is rather small, it is a good idea to clone
only that branch. I don't know if all git clients support that, but the
git command line client support that from version 1.7.10 onwards:

git clone -b gh-pages --single-branch g...@github.com:nmrML/nmrML.git

If you edit files there, commit and push back to guthub,
the pages GO LIVE IMMEDIATELY!.

Yours,
Steffen

[1] https://github.com/nmrML/nmrML/wiki/nmrML.org-website-editing

--
IPB Halle AG Massenspektrometrie & Bioinformatik
Dr. Steffen Neumann http://www.IPB-Halle.DE