wish for a wiki page

Troels Emtekær Linnet

Apr 14, 2013, 10:22:30 AM4/14/13
to nmrglue...@googlegroups.com
Dear Jonathan.

What an exiting project you have put together.

I am exited to try this out, and see if my work pipeline can be "upgraded".

At the moment, my analysis pathway after acquisition, and nmrpipe conversion,
consist of mixture of perl scripts, shell scripts, text files, sparky lists, matlab scripts/Igor pro
and so on. It's not that effect full, and not open-source.

It would be very cool, if one could break the working path into
- acquisition
- Conversion to nmrpipe (Mostly because we use qMDD to reconstruct most of our data)
- load a folder with a list xyz.proc/data.ft2 files
- do analysis with nmrglue

I was thinking if it was worth to create a wiki for nmrglue?
Kind of the same idea with the pymolwiki.

Then interested people could start sharing small code snippets, or
scripts that can be useful to analyse different cases.

Best
Troels

Jonathan Helmus

Apr 16, 2013, 11:06:08 AM4/16/13
to nmrglue...@googlegroups.com
Troels,

Glad to hear you are excited about nmrglue. It sounds like it
could be very helpful for managing your workflow and analysis. Let me
know if you come across any specific issues.

I added a wiki for users to add hints, code snippets, etc about
nmrglue to the nmrglue Github repository
(https://github.com/jjhelmus/nmrglue/wiki). I converted one of the
example from the documentation to serve as an example. I believe you
need a github account (free) to contribute to the wiki, hopefully this
is not to much of a deterrent to potential contributors. I'll try to
watch when new content on the wiki and try to keep the table of contents
organized.

It would be great if you put up your dictionary viewer code on the
wiki. If you need any help feel free to let me know.

Cheers,

- Jonathan Helmus