Rance-Kay/Echo-AntiEcho encoding for varian data

AJ Adkins

Jul 29, 2020, 1:44:46 PM7/29/20
to nmrglue-discuss
My issue has to do with converting data from the Varian format to NMRPipe. When doing this conversion in NMRPipe, there is an option to select the acquisition mode for each dimension of the data. I am assuming that this corresponds to the 'encoding' key of the universal dictionary in nmrglue. In my case, I need to select 'Rance-Kay' as the acquisition mode for conversion. I don’t see that Rance-Kay is an input option for the encoding key, only direct, states, and tppi. If possible, how would I go about converting the data in nmrglue using the correct encoding? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Jonathan Helmus

Jul 29, 2020, 5:58:16 PM7/29/20
to nmrglue...@googlegroups.com
I've never collected data using Rance-Kay but the mention of it in the NMRPipe documentation makes it sounds like pairs of vectors need to be shuffled or co-added to obtain a complex spectrum.  Perhaps someone else on the mailing list can offer additional help.

The nmrglue paper has details on how S3E data can be processed which looks to similar to Rance-Kay, https://nmrglue.readthedocs.io/en/latest/jbnmr_examples/s7-s9_s3e_processing.html.

NMRPipe looks to runs a macro (var_ranceY.M) to process Rance-Kay data, looking at the contents of the macro should give you an idea of what needs to be done with the data.

Cheers,
  - Jonathan Helmus