nmrglue news : article and version 0.4

Jonathan Helmus

Mar 4, 2013, 11:53:53 AM3/4/13
to nmrglue...@googlegroups.com, nmrglue-...@googlegroups.com
I am pleased to announce two very exciting nmrglue related new items.

First an article describing nmrglue has been accepted for publication in the Journal of Biomolecular NMR.  The article is available for download from the published website (http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10858-013-9718-x).  If you do not have a subscription to JBNMR and would like a copy of the article, email me and I would be happy to provide you with a pdf copy.

Also please cite this article if you find nmrglue useful in your research:

J.J. Helmus, C.P. Jaroniec, Nmrglue: An open source Python package for the analysis of multidimensional NMR data, J. Biomol. NMR 2013, in press.

With an expected influx of new users from the article, I have released files for nmrglue version 0.4 which are available as both a tar.gz file for Linux and Mac OS X as well as a .exe file for windows installs.  I encourage all users to upgrade to version 0.4 or to use the latest version available at GitHub.

Highlights of change and addition in v0.4:

* Better support for Rowland NMR Toolkit files.
* Simpson module for reading file produced by the simulation program.
* General code style clean up (PEP8).
* Developer Guide added to documentation.
* Bug fixes in reading Bruker pulseprograms and JCAMP-DX files.
* Example from the JBNMR article added to documentation.

Install files are available at:
http://code.google.com/p/nmrglue/downloads/list?q=label:Type-Installer

Instruction for installing both from these file or using the GitHub repository:
http://jjhelmus.github.com/nmrglue/version0_4/install.html

Full documentation:
http://jjhelmus.github.com/nmrglue/version0_4/index.html

Additional detail can be found at the nmrglue website: http://nmrglue.com/

As always I'm happy to answer any question about using nmrglue or NMR processing, analysis and visualization topics.

Cheers,

    - Jonathan Helmus (jjhe...@gmail.com)

jjhelmus

Mar 12, 2013, 1:30:27 PM3/12/13
to nmrglue...@googlegroups.com, nmrglue-...@googlegroups.com
It has been pointed out to me that the Linux/OS-X installer provided was poorly made (it was a binary dist where as a source dist in much preferred).  I created a new tar file and uploaded it to the google code webpage:

http://nmrglue.googlecode.com/files/nmrglue-0.4-corrected.tar.gz

Please use this file to install nmrglue as apposed to the old version.

- Jonathan Helmus