Google Translator Toolkit

Darren Cook

Jun 10, 2009, 12:21:05 AM6/10/09
to nlp-ja...@googlegroups.com
Google's attempt to get human translators to fix their machine
translation output. Or, from another point of view, Google move into the
Translation Memory business:

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/translating-worlds-information-with.html
http://translate.google.com/toolkit

English is the only source language, but English to Japanese is there.
If they released the resulting TM database it would of course be very
interesting to many on this list, but considering that, in future, they
intend to charge high-volume users I guess that won't happen.

Darren

http://dcook.org/gobet/ (Shodan Go Bet - who will win?)
http://dcook.org/mlsn/ (Multilingual open source semantic network)

Jim Breen

Jun 11, 2009, 9:12:10 PM6/11/09
to nlp-ja...@googlegroups.com
2009/6/10 Darren Cook <dar...@dcook.org>:

> Google's attempt to get human translators to fix their machine
> translation output. Or, from another point of view, Google move into the
> Translation Memory business:
>
> http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/translating-worlds-information-with.html
> http://translate.google.com/toolkit
>
> English is the only source language, but English to Japanese is there.
> If they released the resulting TM database it would of course be very
> interesting to many on this list, but considering that, in future, they
> intend to charge high-volume users I guess that won't happen.

There is a thread running on this item on the Honyaku list
(http://groups.google.com/group/honyaku/browse_thread/thread/83ec378da6683df4?hl=en)

Jim

--
Jim Breen