Post-doc and research scientist positions at Xerox Research Centre Europe

1 view

Reza E.

Dec 5, 2012, 1:26:32 AM12/5/12
to nlp-dilmaj

The Machine Learning for Services group (www.xrce.xerox.com/Research-Development/Services-Innovation-Laboratory/Machine-Learning-for-Services) at Xerox Research Centre Europe is expanding. The team conducts fundamental and applied research in machine learning, computational statistics, and algorithmic mechanism design. Our research results are used in a wide range of applications, including relational learning, personalised content creation, large-scale recommender systems, and demand management. The evidence-driven solutions we device are expected to play a key role in Xerox’ next generation document and business process outsourcing services in domains such as customer care, governmental services, transportation, and advanced outsourcing.

We are currently looking for junior and experienced researchers in the following areas:

1. Probabilistic Machine Learning with Interest in Large-Scale Probabilistic Modelling (www.xrce.xerox.com/About-XRCE/Career-opportunities/Research-Scientist-in-Probabilistic-Machine-Learning)

2. Statistical Approaches to Text Understanding and Relational Learning (www.xrce.xerox.com/About-XRCE/Career-opportunities/Research-Scientist-Position-in-Text-Understanding-and-Relational-Learning)

3. Machine Learning and Algorithmic Mechanism design (www.xrce.xerox.com/About-XRCE/Career-opportunities/Post-doc-in-Machine-learning-and-Algorithmic-Mechanism-Design)

Applicants will have to demonstrate their capacity to define and/or implement research plans, to carry out leading research through collaboration with Xerox researchers and also the wider academic community. The successful candidate will be expected to formalize challenging problems, develop new solutions, and work with business and development teams to ensure that these solutions have a significant impact. We expect our researchers to publish results in top-tier conferences and journals. We also have multiple open innovation collaborations with academic partners world-wide.

Requirements:
- PhD in Machine Learning or relevant field
- Publication record in top tier conferences and journals
- Strong coding skills and evidence of implementing systems
- Strong written and oral communications skills

Application deadline: February 4, 2013. Applications may be considered beyond this date until the position is filled.