Applied Science Opportunities at Amazon Alexa Shopping

Oleg Rokhlenko

Nov 14, 2019, 4:35:11 PM11/14/19
to Scholarships and jobs in Natural Language Processing
Amazon Alexa Shopping in Seattle is hiring Applied Scientists and Applied Science Interns!

You: Alexa, I am looking for a new career opportunity!  I want to do exciting and innovative work in AI and impact millions of people. What do you suggest?
Alexa: The Alexa Shopping team is looking for Applied Scientists to help me become the best personal shopping assistant. Do you want to hear more?
You: Yes, please!

The Alexa Shopping team is looking both for Applied Scientists and Applied Science Interns (for summer 2020) to build the next generation of shopping assistants.
As an applied scientist in Alexa Shopping, you will be responsible for the research, design and development of new natural language and machine learning technologies for voice-based shopping. You will be working with top scientists and engineers, as well as with product teams and other research partners, both locally and abroad. Your work will combine data mining, systems and software development, exploration of new technologies, as well as publications and presentations at top scientific conferences.

The role offers a balance between advancing the state of the art in NLP, ML, and voice-based search and recommendation, as well as adapting and extending the latest ML technologies for Alexa’s customer-facing products.

The ideal candidate would have a PhD in CS or related fields, and deep expertise in one or more of the following: Natural Language Processing, Conversational AI, Information Retrieval, Machine Learning. An ideal candidate shows a bias for action and has a strong understanding of empirical methods. The ability to write clearly and speak convincingly as evidenced through participation in academic conferences and service in the scientific community are a must.

Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation

For more information about the position, please contact Oleg Rokhlenko (ole...@amazon.com).

Kind regards,
OLEG ROKHLENKO
Science Manager | Alexa Shopping