Internationalizing testing.

Amarendra Godbole

Oct 31, 2006, 8:06:23 AM10/31/06

I was reading through Andrea Vine's article, "Internationalizing
Testing" (here:
http://developers.sun.com/dev/gadc/des_dev/Intl_Testing.html). In this
she presents a strong case to internationalize the existing test
framework, so that the QA folks save a lot of time.

In our organization too, our QA does the i18n testing, *after* they
are done with their English testing - which results in 2x time, if x
is the time for English testing.

Since this is a radical new concept for *me*, I was wondering if
anyone from this group has implemented the strategy similar to what
Andrea presents in her paper. Also, as a secondary question: if I test
only with international characters (say chinese), does it imply that
English will also be accepted properly as input? (I am actually unable
to frame this question in better words, I hope you all get what I
intend to say).

Thanks very much in advance. Apology if I am OT here (though the
product in question runs very much on Linux). :-)

Best,
Amarendra

--
Linux-UTF8: i18n of Linux on all levels