Flash in the sky spotted (it faded away like a supernova explosion)

Skybuck Flying

Jun 8, 2011, 7:29:20 PM6/8/11
Everytime I vent my appartment at night I look at the night sky and the
stars, hoping to spot something odd, hoping to see a ufo or anything else
that's mysterious or spectacular or exciting or anything really ! ;) =D

Many years have gone by, many "false" lights...

Like airplanes, moons, sometimes planets.

However Tonight was the day that I finally saw something.

I went outside at night about 1:23 am in the morning/night and I opened my
door, locked it into the lock and I staired at the night sky.

And bam ! Then it happened as soon as I looked up... I saw this bright light
?!

I was like WTF is that ?!?

I could see two other tiny little stars...

But this light was really bright !

It appeared for about 2 seconds !

And then it went out like a light.

It completely faded away from a bright light down to nothing.

The question is why did it fade away entirely ?!? Was it a could or
something else ?!? I shall continue looking to see if it comes back.

Only other explanation in my mind would be a plane shining perfectly at me
as it turns... but I have seen plane light before... it looked somewhat
larger than a plane light.

I am hoping and thinking that what I witnessed was actually:

A MOTHERFOKKING SUPERNOVA ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

So I ask the astronomy community:

Has anybody seen a supernova today ?!?!?!?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Jun 8, 2011, 7:36:42 PM6/8/11
I shall provide a futher description of what I saw:

1. The light was white.

2. It had a small center of perfect white.

3. It had a somewhat fading filled/attached ring outside of it, like a light
bulb, like a flare in computer games, like a circular/circle gradient from
center to ring.

4. It faded away in a somewhat unusual way.... if it was an airplane light
being shut off it should have ended immediately but that was not what
happened.

It seem to "faded away" in an collapsing like manor, so in other words:

5. The light seemed to collapse into itself.

6. It went completely out, it has not returned so it cannot be a planet.

7. It did not move, so a plane is unlikely.

This makes me believe that what I saw could actually be a supernova ?!?

Other explanation which came to mind is:

A comet/asteroid/something hitting earth ?!?

But the chance of that seems highly unlikely... it would have to come
straight at me... I did not see any streak or line.

So a comet/asteroid seems unlikely.

Other explanation could be:

An exploding plane or exploding nuke ? But it seemed a bit too tiny for
that... no flames... no sound.. no falling debry.

I suspect something weird has happened in space, something potentially big,
please look into it ! ;) =D

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Jun 8, 2011, 7:43:55 PM6/8/11
Perhaps it was a space rocket or something ?

Apperently some crew entered into space:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gallery/2011/jun/08/international-space-station-blast-off

The article doesn't say how...

Maybe it was the exhaust of a rocket stage detaching ?

Difficult to tell at which time it launched.

I am in "amsterdam" time region...

Bye,
Skybuck.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

Skybuck Flying

Jun 8, 2011, 7:55:30 PM6/8/11
Hmmm,

Picture 9 shows the rocket launching at night.

BST is Britisch Summer Time.

According to this website:

http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/eu/bst.html

It's one hour beyond amsterdam time which is now 1:50 and uk is now 0:50

The rocket launched as far as I can tell at: 1:06 BST ?!? Which is
impossible since it's only 0:50

This is a bit confusing... it could be possible that if this story is true
then it could have been some kind of rocket exhaust which I saw...

But again I didn't see a trail...

According to NASA this was yesterday:

"
The Soyuz TMA-02M spacecraft launches from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in
Kazakhstan early Wednesday, June 8, 2011, (4:12 p.m. EDT, Tuesday, June 7)
carrying Expedition 28 Soyuz Commander Sergei Volkov of Russia, NASA Flight
Engineer Mike Fossum and JAXA (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency) Flight
Engineer Satoshi Furukawa to the International Space Station.
"

Unless they got the date wrong...

So assuming NASA is not sloppy it wasn't this rocket I saw... so perhaps it
was not a rocket I saw but something else.

I did see something, this is no joke.

Bye,
Skybuck.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

Skybuck Flying

Jun 8, 2011, 8:21:22 PM6/8/11
Here is a little bit more information:

I used google maps to figure out in what direction I was looking.

According to google maps I was looking from The Netherlands/Europe into the
direction of The United Kingdom/United States.

So this should give some idea of where I was looking towards.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Jun 8, 2011, 8:31:03 PM6/8/11
http://twitter.com/#!/YoungMarrow1

YoungMarrow1Young Marrow
Did anybody else see the sky flash purple just now??? :S
58 minutes ago

1:23 + 58 = around 2:22

Perhaps he saw something as well what I saw...

Hmmm..

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Jun 8, 2011, 8:39:06 PM6/8/11
Damn dudes...

I wanna know what I saw...

What we as humanity should do is come up with some kind of recording system,
so that the entire sky is recorded the whole day long.

Hopefully using some kind of super compression technique which only stores
the differences so it can be stored tiny.

At least this would give us a chance to look at it again ! ;) :)

Kinda sux having a whole internet and much money and telescopes out there...
and now I still cannot find out anything about it ?! ;) :)

I want real-time information now ! ;) =D

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Skybuck Flying

Jun 8, 2011, 8:45:12 PM6/8/11
I'm getting a bit scared now... I know I saw something... something weird...
something larger than usual...

It's easy to go paranoid about it =D

What if it was a "light" signal from another planet by "intelligent beings"
?

What if it was a "light" signal from a ufo ?!? What if it were aliens
messing with me to see how I would react ?!?

Gjezus fokking christ ! ;) =D LOL.

We people/humanity have a big problem unless we start taking the sky/space
around us a bit more seriously, take reports a bit more seriously, punish
prankers, and start recording and start communicating... fok dude.

For now I will keep believing that aliens might not exists, ufo's might not
exists, they are too far away... everything is just fine and under control.

I can go to bed and outside without having to worry ! LOL...

Don't get paranoid... perhaps it was just a plane light... perhaps it was a
supernova... big deal... probably many out there... nothing to worry about !
LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck ;) =D

Skybuck Flying

Jun 8, 2011, 9:24:36 PM6/8/11
The most spectacular explanation:

It actually was a warp drive flash.

This is not the first time that we have heard of such events, so it might
actually be the same spaceship.

If so... then I feel honored that I actually saw it, and that my sky-night
watching payed off.

Bye,
Skybuck.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

Porfessor Kweetnix

Jun 8, 2011, 9:35:31 PM6/8/11
uhuh,
gravity does not exist, earth sucks
--
Geavanceerde politieke correctheid is niet te onderscheiden van sarcasme.
CENSUUR :: http://www.clsnet.nl/evil-censor.php

Skybuck Flying

Jun 8, 2011, 10:22:05 PM6/8/11
Time for one more explanation:

I tell you what I think really happened:

1. A big comet from outerspace hit another rock/asteroid somewhere in the
asteroid belt around our planets.

2. This led to a big nuclear explosion which was visible from earth.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Jun 8, 2011, 10:31:54 PM6/8/11
Suppose that I am correct for a moment and there was indeed an explosion
somewhere in the asteroid belt.

What implications would this have ?!?

1. Would there be a hole in the asteroid belt ? (Can it be seen from earth
or satellites, maybe hubble ?)

2. Would there be a "blast wave" that blows away all other asteroids ?!?
(But there is no air in space ?)

So how do nuclear explosions behave in space ?

3. Anyway if debry does fly around then perhaps earth could be in danger of
"shrapnel".

So there might actually be some kind of debry heading our way...

I am not sure how long it would take for that stuff to get here...

You guys better watch the skies with your hopefully capable and advanced
equipment...

Another explanation could be that some planet was hit with something and I
couldn't see the planet but did see the explosion...

Bye,
Skybuck.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

Skybuck Flying

Jun 8, 2011, 10:36:47 PM6/8/11
However there might still be some particles in space, like dust or water
vapor, so perhaps the nuclear explosion does have some rippling effect in
space... but perhaps not enough to cause a "shock wave".

Bye,
Skybuck.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

Skybuck Flying

Jun 8, 2011, 10:38:58 PM6/8/11
Then again, if the detonation did not cause an entire mass to energy
transfer then some pieces/debry might still be thrown into space and deflect
against other rocks... so there is still a chance to some of that debry
might be heading towards earth !

Everbody DUCK ! ;) =D

Bye,
Skybuck =D

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

Skybuck Flying

Jun 8, 2011, 10:40:52 PM6/8/11
Perhaps these pieces of debry are not large or fast enough to cause
significant harm to us humans on earth, because of our thick atmosphere
which will vaporize those pieces.

However the astronauts/space station screw that was launched yesterday might
be at increased risk.

I would not be surprised if they are going to be "shotgunned" to death by
this debry.

Time will tell.

Bye,
Skybuck.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

Skybuck Flying

Jun 8, 2011, 10:44:04 PM6/8/11
They might also have received a somewhat larger dosis of radiation, perhaps
it's minor since it would spread out in all directions.

I wonder if the International Space Station has a radiation meter.

Perhaps the ISS could shine some more light on this matter...

Perhaps the astronauts can check the radiation levels over the past hours to
see if there was any significant change.

Bye,
Skybuck.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

Androcles

Jun 9, 2011, 12:53:21 AM6/9/11

"Skybuck Flying" <Window...@DreamPC2006.com> wrote in message

| Suppose that I am correct for a moment

Bwahahahahahhahahaha!
Why would any sane person suppose that?

Skybuck Flying

Jun 9, 2011, 4:45:07 PM6/9/11

"Androcles" wrote in message news:DlYHp.7003$J65....@newsfe14.ams2...

Because I have predicted at least one space event before anybody else could
imagine it ! ;) =D

Bye,
Skybuck =D

F.Verbeek

Jun 9, 2011, 5:54:13 PM6/9/11
Op 9-6-2011 2:31, Skybuck Flying schreef:
It sounds like an iridium flare.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_flare
http://www.satobs.org/iridium.html

Basically it is light reflecting from the solar panels of satellites.
There are sites that can tell you when and where to look.

--
Femme

F.Verbeek

Jun 9, 2011, 5:56:32 PM6/9/11
Op 9-6-2011 23:54, F.Verbeek schreef:
http://www.heavens-above.com/

-- Femme

Skybuck Flying

Jun 9, 2011, 9:23:45 PM6/9/11
Yeah this could be an explanation of what I saw, the pictures on the
websites are a little bit misleading, because it does not appear as a line
or streak... but that's because of the 60 seconds camera exposure.

The animations are a better example, except the dot I saw didn't move,
explanation below.

It's a dot that becomes a bit brighter and then fades away.

It was stationary and did not seem to move.

Thus my hypothesis is that it was a "stationary" satellite that happened to
be in such a position that the sun's light reflected on it's solar panels or
whatever and it reflected towards me.

Let's suppose that it's indeed a satellite flare then I would feel slightly
frustrated about that ! ;) :)

Because this makes it even harder to spot that ufo that might come one day !
LOL ;) =D

Thanks for taking it seriously though... I did see something... and this is
best explanation I have seen so far ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Jun 9, 2011, 9:26:38 PM6/9/11
However I see a little issue with this explanation.

Let's suppose it was a satellite, let's suppose it was stationary.

Then this raises the following questions:

1. How fast does the earth rotate ?

2. How fast does the satellite rotate with it ?

Would the speed be slow enough to reflect the sun light for about 2 to 3
seconds ?

Additional explanation could be rotating satellite, which lengthens the
exposure.

However if calculations would prove that this is impossible then the
hypothesis of a satellite can be dismissed.

Anybody care to do any calculations ? ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Orac

Jun 10, 2011, 8:42:38 AM6/10/11

"Skybuck Flying" <Window...@DreamPC2006.com> schreef in bericht

> Everytime I vent my appartment at night I look at the night sky and the
> stars, hoping to spot something odd, hoping to see a ufo or anything else
> that's mysterious or spectacular or exciting or anything really ! ;) =D
>
> Many years have gone by, many "false" lights...
>
> Like airplanes, moons, sometimes planets.
>
> However Tonight was the day that I finally saw something.
>
> I went outside at night about 1:23 am in the morning/night

Why?

Androcles

Jun 10, 2011, 9:56:33 AM6/10/11

"Skybuck Flying" <Window...@DreamPC2006.com> wrote in message

Why would any sane person believe your idiotic imaginations?

Brad Guth

Jun 10, 2011, 2:44:13 PM6/10/11
On Jun 8, 4:29 pm, "Skybuck Flying" <Windows7I...@DreamPC2006.com>
wrote:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2011/06/09/a-supernova-is-reborn/

What you saw was probably an exploding spy satellite that wasn't
supposed to officially happen.

http://www.wanttoknow.info/
http://translate.google.com/#

Skybuck Flying

Jun 10, 2011, 4:51:02 PM6/10/11

"Androcles" wrote in message news:BopIp.2839$oX2....@newsfe06.ams2...

The sucker/non believer has taken the bait ! LOL, Good ! Sucker !

Low and behold, you may go seek the thruth.

Search for: "secret moon base"

Search for: "blurred images"

Look at the reasons I give for the blurred images, and shadows and stuff.

Then watch the news more frequently... an event happened on mars which I
have predicted.

The event was X.

X was done by a machine.

Now you may solve what X was... it's part of the riddle.

It starts with a P.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Androcles

Jun 10, 2011, 5:12:52 PM6/10/11

| "Androcles" wrote in message news:BopIp.2839$oX2....@newsfe06.ams2...
|

| "Skybuck Flying" <Window...@DreamPC2006.com> wrote in message
|| "Androcles" wrote in message news:DlYHp.7003$J65....@newsfe14.ams2...
|| "Skybuck Flying" <Window...@DreamPC2006.com> wrote in message
||| Suppose that I am correct for a moment
|| "
|| Bwahahahahahhahahaha!
|| Why would any sane person suppose that?
|| "
|| Because I have predicted at least one space event before anybody else
| could
|| imagine it ! ;) =D
|| Bye,
|| Skybuck =D
|
| "
| Why would any sane person believe your idiotic imaginations?
| "
|
| The sucker/non believer has taken the bait ! LOL, Good ! Sucker !
|
| Low and behold, you may go seek the thruth.
|
| Search for: "secret moon base"

I'm still searching for thruth.

Search for: "imbecile".

HVAC

Jun 10, 2011, 5:45:26 PM6/10/11
On 6/10/2011 2:44 PM, Brad Guth wrote:

>> I am hoping and thinking that what I witnessed was actually:
>>
>> A MOTHERFOKKING SUPERNOVA ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
>>
>> So I ask the astronomy community:
>>
>> Has anybody seen a supernova today ?!?!?!?
>>
>> Bye,
>> Skybuck.
>

> What you saw was probably an exploding spy satellite that wasn't
> supposed to officially happen.

LOL! These groups would totally suck without people
like you two. Thanks!

Brad Guth

Jun 10, 2011, 6:00:11 PM6/10/11
On Jun 10, 2:45 pm, HVAC <mr.h...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/10/2011 2:44 PM, Brad Guth wrote:
>

> >> I am hoping and thinking that what I witnessed was actually:
>
> >> A MOTHERFOKKING SUPERNOVA ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
>
> >> So I ask the astronomy community:
>
> >> Has anybody seen a supernova today ?!?!?!?
>
> >> Bye,
> >>    Skybuck.
>
> > What you saw was probably an exploding spy satellite that wasn't
> > supposed to officially happen.
>
> LOL!  These groups would totally suck without people
> like you two.  Thanks!

Are you saying that our government doesn't have killer satellites, or
the ability of taking out some other spysat?

Father Haskell

Jun 10, 2011, 6:49:57 PM6/10/11
>  Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”- Hide quoted text -

Where in the sky was it relative to the sun? What time
of day? Was its course more north-south or west-east?
How did its brightness compare with that of Venus at
max brightness?

Brad Guth

Jun 10, 2011, 7:21:06 PM6/10/11
According to Skybuck of Amsterdam, it was a noticeably bright bright
illumination that faded away to nothing.

-
I used google maps to figure out in what direction I was looking.

According to google maps I was looking from The Netherlands/Europe
into the
direction of The United Kingdom/United States.

So this should give some idea of where I was looking towards.
-

Why don't you read his stuff from the top?

Conan the bacterium

Jun 10, 2011, 7:33:36 PM6/10/11

A supernova does not just "fade away" like that;
it's not a five-minute event.

Weeks or months is typical.

conan

Brad Guth

Jun 10, 2011, 7:50:28 PM6/10/11
On Jun 10, 4:33 pm, Conan the bacterium

Agreed, although there's lots of wandering/rogue stuff that could run
into something big enough to cause that kind of flash. Personally, I
think it had to do with DoD taking out a another spy satellite, or
simply testing a tactical nuke in space. GSO is also getting very
crowded, although LEO isn't exactly empty.

How many thousand active and inactive satellites have we currently
around Earth?

How many spare upper stage boosters are still up there?

Skybuck Flying

Jun 10, 2011, 8:42:13 PM6/10/11

"Androcles" wrote in message news:FNvIp.3283$wK7....@newsfe13.ams2...

Search for: "imbecile".
"

I am sorry but I was not put on this earth to raise and teach imbeciles like
you.

Therefore you are on your own on this one.

If you can solve the riddle you have proven to be intelligent, smart and
resourcesfull.

Otherwise you just the next moron calling somebody else a moron.

I have read my fair share of news/text, now it's up to you to find the
thruth.

So far you seem to fail.

Goodbye,
Skybuck.

F.Verbeek

Jun 10, 2011, 9:37:58 PM6/10/11
Op 10-6-2011 3:26, Skybuck Flying schreef:

Geostationary satellites move at an altitude of some 36000 km, which
makes them very hard to see.

The earth rotates 360 degrees once every 24 hours.
The sun takes up about 0.5 degree on the sky.
The satellite stays aimed at the sun.
The angular velocity of the reflected beam (with respect to the earth)
is twice that of the relative rotation of earth and sat.
This means that in case of geostationary the max visibility time is
(24h x 60 min)/(2 x 360/0.5) = 1 minute.
As the phenomenon took only seconds, it must have been a low orbit
satellite.

Spotting the movement of a satellite can be rather difficult. Especially
when it is only visible for a few seconds. Some satellites take 10-30
minutes to cross the sky.

The lowest satellites have an altitude of some 150 km. They move pretty
fast across the sky.
The iridium satellites fly at an altitude of 780 km which makes them
barely visible slow movers in the sky.

I have seen hundreds of satellites in the sky, but only one iridium
flare so far. That one was pretty spectacular though.

-- Femme

Androcles

Jun 10, 2011, 9:41:35 PM6/10/11

"Skybuck Flying" <Window...@DreamPC2006.com> wrote in message
Fuck off,
Androcles.

--
*plonk*

Do not reply to this generic message, it was automatically generated;
you have been kill-filed, either for being boringly stupid, repetitive,
unfunny, ineducable, repeatedly posting politics, religion or off-topic
subjects to a sci. newsgroup, attempting cheapskate free advertising
for profit, because you are a troll, because you responded to George
Hammond the complete fruit cake, simply insane or any combination
or permutation of the aforementioned reasons; any reply will go unread.

Boringly stupid is the most common cause of kill-filing, but because
this message is generic the other reasons have been included. You are
left to decide which is most applicable to you.

There is no appeal, I have despotic power over whom I will electronically
admit into my home and you do not qualify as a reasonable person I would
wish to converse with or even poke fun at. Some weirdoes are not kill-
filed, they amuse me and I retain them for their entertainment value
as I would any chicken with two heads, either one of which enables the
dumb bird to scratch dirt, step back, look down, step forward to the
same spot and repeat the process eternally.

This should not trouble you, many of those plonked find it a blessing
that they are not required to think and can persist in their bigotry
or crackpot theories without challenge.

You have the right to free speech, I have the right not to listen. The
kill-file will be cleared annually with spring cleaning or whenever I
purchase a new computer or hard drive.
Update: the last clearance was 19/08/10. Some individuals have been
restored to the list.

I'm fully aware that you may be so stupid as to reply, but the purpose
of this message is to encourage others to kill-file fuckwits like you.

I hope you find this explanation is satisfactory but even if you don't,
damnly my frank, I don't give a dear. Have a nice day and fuck off.

Skybuck Flying

Jun 11, 2011, 3:57:46 AM6/11/11

"Androcles" wrote in message news:LJzIp.17122$Dk2....@newsfe04.ams2...

"
Fuck off,
Androcles.
"

And the final evidence that you don't care has been delivered by yourself.

Instead of doing any research you just write swear words.

Did you really think I would try and educate a fool like you ?!?

Please do plonk... I hope you never respond to any of my messages again.

You clearly not worthy.

Bye,
Skybuck.

P.S.:

And to think that you had world's most powerfull search engine at your
finger tips and you didn't even try or you were too stupid to make sense of
it !

Such shame on you ! ;) =D

I found my posting in under 2 seconds, and now to put the final nail in your
coffin I shall reveal what I predicted and was later discovered on mars:

http://www.groupsrv.com/science/about275943.html

Quote:

"
Here is another explanation for the blurred sections:

A comet hit the moon and threw up dust.

The probe went over it and captured the dust on film ;)

Then the dust settled and later on the probe took clear pictures
again.

How many minutes, hours, days, maybe even weeks did it take for
the probe to
do it's thing ?
"

Without me you nothing... I just solved 50% of it.

Now all you need to do is find the mars story which was later
discovered.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Jun 11, 2011, 4:20:47 AM6/11/11

"F.Verbeek" wrote in message news:isugtk$2nkv$1...@nl-news.euro.net...

I don't know how long the phenomenon in total was visible.

I was looking at the ground/door and lock, when I look up it was visible for
a couple of seconds or so.

I had the feeling it must have been up there for a minute or so... because
otherwise more people must have seen it and would be standing and watching
or so...
or perhaps not and they would think it's a planet or so.

Perhaps my subcontiousness did notice the blip of light appearing... or
being there... but I don't know.

I recently saw a video of IIS... it has pretty big solar panels... it was
near UK perhaps or perhaps not... I have seen it fly over once... it moves
slowly... but still fast enough to notice the movement I think... it was
also far less bright and further away from my location so it probably was
not IIS...

Anyway I think you on the right track... perhaps you could even figure out
which satelite it was... that could be interesting.

Any idea where to see "satelite" paths on the internet ?

"
Spotting the movement of a satellite can be rather difficult. Especially
when it is only visible for a few seconds. Some satellites take 10-30
minutes to cross the sky.

The lowest satellites have an altitude of some 150 km. They move pretty
fast across the sky.
The iridium satellites fly at an altitude of 780 km which makes them
barely visible slow movers in the sky.

I have seen hundreds of satellites in the sky, but only one iridium
flare so far. That one was pretty spectacular though.

-- Femme
"

Bye,
Skybuck.

Brad Guth

Jun 11, 2011, 6:44:59 AM6/11/11
On Jun 11, 1:20 am, "Skybuck Flying" <Windows7I...@DreamPC2006.com>
wrote:
> "F.Verbeek"  wrote in messagenews:isugtk$2nkv$1...@nl-news.euro.net...

Notice how anything you have to say pisses off rabbi Saul Levy. It's
kinda funny and pathetic at the same time, that such a devout Zionist/
Jew would even bother to topic/author stalk your topics or replies.
He must be trying to get in your pants.
.

F.Verbeek

Jun 11, 2011, 5:47:57 PM6/11/11
Op 11-6-2011 10:20, Skybuck Flying schreef:

> I recently saw a video of IIS... it has pretty big solar panels... it
> was near UK perhaps or perhaps not... I have seen it fly over once... it
> moves slowly... but still fast enough to notice the movement I think...
> it was also far less bright and further away from my location so it
> probably was not IIS...

ISS is the brightest satellite. You should have noticed it after the
flare was over. At an altitude of 400 km it is moving at an average
speed. Iridium satellites have twice this heigth, so optically they are
moving at half the speed.

> Anyway I think you on the right track... perhaps you could even figure
> out which satelite it was... that could be interesting.
>
> Any idea where to see "satelite" paths on the internet ?

Try the heavens above link I gave you before.

-- Femme

Colanth

Jun 11, 2011, 9:14:33 PM6/11/11
On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 16:33:36 -0700 (PDT), Conan the bacterium
<deinococcus...@gmail.com> wrote:

>A supernova does not just "fade away" like that;
>it's not a five-minute event.
>
>Weeks or months is typical.

For the initial "flash" - the remnants hang around for millennia.
--
"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not
prove anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Father Haskell

Jun 12, 2011, 12:41:55 AM6/12/11
On Jun 11, 9:14 pm, Colanth <cola...@pern.invalid> wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 16:33:36 -0700 (PDT), Conan the bacterium
>
> <deinococcus0radiodur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >A supernova does not just "fade away" like that;
> >it's not a five-minute event.
>
> >Weeks or months is typical.
>
> For the initial "flash" - the remnants hang around for millennia.
> --
> "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not
> prove anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Right. The Crab is the remnant of a supernova that
took place in 1054.

Skybuck Flying

Jun 12, 2011, 3:39:48 AM6/12/11

"F.Verbeek" wrote in message news:it0nqb$m33$1...@nl-news.euro.net...

Does that website only plot (draw the path on the earth globe) the course of
the ISS or can it also plot paths/courses for other satelites ?

I would prefer if I could see any satelite graphically/visually instead of a
boring table with coordinates ;) :)

Visually would be easier/faster to spot to if it can be seen from my
postion/location ?! ;) :)

Perhaps this nice satelite information should be integrated into "google
earth" ;)

Bye,
Skybuck ;) =D

Piet Beertema

Jun 12, 2011, 5:57:57 AM6/12/11
Father Haskell wrote:
>>> A supernova does not just "fade away" like that;
>>> it's not a five-minute event.
>>> Weeks or months is typical.
>>
>> For the initial "flash" - the remnants hang around for millennia.
>
> Right. The Crab is the remnant of a supernova that
> took place in 1054.

That's less than one millennium ago. ;-)
But yeah, it will be around for "some" time to come.

-p

Porfesser Kweetnix

Jun 12, 2011, 8:59:34 AM6/12/11
Some entity, AKA Piet Beertema <www.godfatherof.nl/@opt-in.invalid>,
wrote this mindboggling stuff:
(selectively-snipped-or-not-p)

What a terrible waste of unusable space that is too ...
who pay the elecricity bill for all that light.
There should be a law against waisting energy like that

Pk

--
Geavanceerde politieke correctheid is niet te onderscheiden van sarcasme
Toal ende schpellunksvauden bestoan allenugh om toalnazies te pestuh

skybuck2000

Sep 13, 2020, 4:21:48 PM9/13/20
On Thursday, June 9, 2011 at 1:36:42 AM UTC+2, Skybuck Flying wrote:
> I shall provide a futher description of what I saw:
> 1. The light was white.
> 2. It had a small center of perfect white.
> 3. It had a somewhat fading filled/attached ring outside of it, like a light
> bulb, like a flare in computer games, like a circular/circle gradient from
> center to ring.
> 4. It faded away in a somewhat unusual way.... if it was an airplane light
> being shut off it should have ended immediately but that was not what
> happened.
> It seem to "faded away" in an collapsing like manor, so in other words:
> 5. The light seemed to collapse into itself.
> 6. It went completely out, it has not returned so it cannot be a planet.
> 7. It did not move, so a plane is unlikely.
> This makes me believe that what I saw could actually be a supernova ?!?
> Other explanation which came to mind is:
> A comet/asteroid/something hitting earth ?!?
> But the chance of that seems highly unlikely... it would have to come
> straight at me... I did not see any streak or line.
> So a comet/asteroid seems unlikely.
> Other explanation could be:
> An exploding plane or exploding nuke ? But it seemed a bit too tiny for
> that... no flames... no sound.. no falling debry.
> I suspect something weird has happened in space, something potentially big,
> please look into it ! ;) =D
> Bye,
> Skybuck.
>
> "Skybuck Flying" wrote in message news:...
> Everytime I vent my appartment at night I look at the night sky and the
> stars, hoping to spot something odd, hoping to see a ufo or anything else
> that's mysterious or spectacular or exciting or anything really ! ;) =D
> Many years have gone by, many "false" lights...
> Like airplanes, moons, sometimes planets.
> However Tonight was the day that I finally saw something.
> I went outside at night about 1:23 am in the morning/night and I opened my
> door, locked it into the lock and I staired at the night sky.
> And bam ! Then it happened as soon as I looked up... I saw this bright light
> ?!
> I was like WTF is that ?!?
> I could see two other tiny little stars...
> But this light was really bright !
> It appeared for about 2 seconds !
> And then it went out like a light.
> It completely faded away from a bright light down to nothing.
> The question is why did it fade away entirely ?!? Was it a could or
> something else ?!? I shall continue looking to see if it comes back.
> Only other explanation in my mind would be a plane shining perfectly at me
> as it turns... but I have seen plane light before... it looked somewhat
> larger than a plane light.
> I am hoping and thinking that what I witnessed was actually:
> A MOTHERFOKKING SUPERNOVA ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
> So I ask the astronomy community:
> Has anybody seen a supernova today ?!?!?!?
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

Hello,

I am glad I found my description of what I found back then, neatly done by me if I say so myself. HAHA ! =D

This now comes in handy, it may confirm the following hypothesis, I am not sure if this hypothesis was based on my observation or on something else:

https://science.slashdot.org/story/20/09/12/0111213/is-planet-nine-a-black-hole

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/11/science/astronomy-planet-nine-black-hole.html

https://arxiv.org/abs/2005.12280

What I saw seems to match better a blackhole sucking in the light, creating what I described as a "implosion" effect.

The iridium flare hypothesis of what I saw seems to be incorrect, because then the light would probably grow and shrink, but that's not what I saw, I saw an implosion.

Therefore the blackhole hypothesis seems to be a better fit. Thanks for posting this blackhole hypothesis. It's very intrigueing for/to me personally.

I didn't really think of that or dare to think that. So it's cool to see that there are people on this planet that dare to think outside of the box, crazy ideas.

Ideas so crazy/insane/dangerous that it might actually be real. Personally I would not have dared to describe this as a blackhole sucking in light from some kind of comet explosion. So this is very cool and daring.

Perhaps it's a sherlock homes method.. that they applied to my observation... kinda like I did... rule out unlikely possibilities, what is left must be the thruth...

VERY COOL =D

Bye for now,
Skybuck

skybuck2000

Sep 13, 2020, 4:37:39 PM9/13/20
LOL ANOTHER IDEA JUST POPPED INTO MY HEAD... Kinda because the blackhole art on google/youtube is about big things being sucked into a blackhole... not tiny things like a comet.

Therefore I am not sure if a Comet getting sucked into a blackhole near earth would produce enough light for me to see it briefly as it gets partially sucked back into the blackhole ?!

It's kind of a sketschy hypothesis.... because some of the light would then have escaped the blackhole and some of it not ?!

Not sure how real that is... could be... but why a light bulb ? why round ?! Hmmmm why not a line ? Why no tearing ?!?

So here is my other crazy hypothesis:

A COMET HIT PLANET NINE.

And caused some kind of nuclear explosion on planet nine... which somehow caused an implosion effect.
However from my description there does seem to be perfect white light at center... hmmm ? Maybe from nuclear explosion.

It would be very funny if planet nine would be found based on my observation of this strange flash.

Let's try and keep it real.... most likely it's not blackhole scientist says... so a planet <-> comet collision sees more realistic ! ;)

Bye for now,
Skybuck

skybuck2000

Sep 13, 2020, 4:40:29 PM9/13/20
WE NEED COMPUTER SIMULATION OF FLASH PRODUCED BY BLACKHOLE EATING COMET

THERE IS NO ART OR ANIMATION FOR THIS :(

Bye for now,
Skybuck.

skybuck2000

Jan 3, 2022, 9:44:42 AM1/3/22
Update on this in 3 january 2022:

Today/this morning I investigated this report myself. One more time the data:

SIGHTING INFORMATION:

TIME: 1:23 am
DATE: 9 JUNE 2011
LOCATION: THE NETHERLANDS
PROVINCE: LIMBURG
CITY: HEERLEN
STREET: GEERSTRAAT

ANGLE: TOWARDS THE WEST, TOWARDS THE WEST/SOUTH/WEST WSW.

BASICALLY FROM THE NETHERLANDS TOWARDS THE USA.

I think i can rule out the possibility of experimental craft from area 51, that is too far away, unless it's somek in of sky reflection.

What I discovered so far by using stellarium is that at 1:25:12 two satelittes approach each other very closely:

One of which is esr-1. My prime suspect.

My first observation was that saturnus is almost aligned with a double star: Porrima

My first initial reaction/hunch was: maybe this caused some kind of optical effect where light from Porrima went around saturnus, just like a black hole can bend light... but is saturnus capable of bending light ? Another explanation could be that saturnus rings LIT UP as this light hit it.

Another hypothesis is: Maybe the satellites collided ? Or perhaps the satellites reflected light between each other or from the stars.

I also looked at the position of the sun, it was behind earth, it's hard to see if the sun can shine any light on these satellites so that is the main question.

Another question is if stellaris takes summer/winter time into account.

F5 and F6 can be used to set position and date/time.

I am a little bit distatisfied with maps.google and stellarium for lack of angle acquistion and setting... the coming days/nights I will try and get a better fix on the angle or piece of night sky that I was looking at... stellarium does have some helpfull lines/segmentation that might help. I am unsure if I will be successfull at narrowing the angle.

I am pretty sure that that posting was made on my DreamPC2006 so I can investigate that later, though google has changed and maybe original posting details no longer accessible, but I don't think I had this laptop back then.

I am not sure if my PC was already booted or still booting, so the boot time back then may have been 10 minutes... perhaps I tried to take that into account.

The time reported was 1:23 from what I can remember that was pretty accurate but also an estimation.

Min range seeing the posting time and also this would be at least -10 maybe a little bit more -13. So let's say: 1:10 to 1:29.

Also if stellarium has the winter/daytime saving and such wrong that maybe 0:10 to 0:29 or 2:10 to 2:29 to narrow on on the time.

So next steps could be:

1. Indeed a computer simulation of light coming from the sun and shining onto these satelittes to see if they could have been lit.

I will request this feature on the stellarium github if it does not yet exist.

I think the other sat was called satresource-2 or something...

One of the sats text was gray and another one yellow I dont know what this means. Maybe yellow means it's inside the sun's rays ? and gray is it's not ?

The main reason for this investigation is to confirm or deny the "iridium flare" hypothesis that another astronomer or newsgroup users wrote... perhaps he immediately investigated it or indeed saw this sat go by... however there is another one ! ;)

It's an interesting hypothesis especially because it can be proven or disproven...

If it's disproven that it could not have produced a flare then houston we have a problem and it may have been something else ! ;)

My favorite explanation if it was something else would be: alien starbase instead of planet nine, which lots it's light absorption field for a few seconds because of a malfunction ! LOL.

So I am very keen on proven or disproven this hypothesis.

If it's proven then I can put this flash of light in the night sky to rest, and remove it once and for all from the UFO lore or whatever... and then I can feel good about myself, not being one of those idiots throwing more fake/hoax bullshit onto sightings.

But if it is disproven then WOW.... then it gets even more interesting ! ;) =D

I don't want to be that guy that puts bad info out there when it comes to lights/ufos/stuff that I have actually seen, there is plenty of bull on youtube already about that.

This flash of light which I saw was REAL. VERY REAL and therefore I take this very serious and today I did a very serious investigation to the best of my abilities.

And I am very happy I did because it did show some interesting results to go on... but nothing definetive.

I could have waited with this update/report... but we live in dangerous times with corona, virus and possible secret agents killing people hehe... and ofcourse I could be hit by a bus/car/plane/earthquake anything.

I just want to get this out there.

AND THE BEST PART IS: YOU CAN CHECK FOR YOURSELF IN STELLARIUM AND INDEED DISCOVER THAT WHAT I TOLD YOU IS THE THRUTH.

The harder part for me is figuring out the distance between those two satellites that is also a bit strange... it seems like a few kilometers but I am not sure..

Also what if those paths are slighty off is that possible ?

Has anybody seen ESR-1 recently through a telescope ?!

So here is another interesting idea:

If you do have a telescope and you do have stellarium and if you do know how to play ahead you could try and plan a "session" where you try and spot ESR-1 to the best of your abilities... it should still be out there... right ?!

If it's out there try and take a picture or at least report back if you saw it !

But if you can't find it then that might give some credibility to the "explosion" hypothesis.... that could mean that it collided with another satellite or perhaps other space debrie and it is now actually destroyed ?!

How likely is it for "organizations" to actually discover such an incident ?! Would they immediately notice/loose track of the object ???

Bye for now,
Skybuck.