(1) Searching and Mining Complex Data (2) 新加坡国立大学NGS学院介绍会

akhtung

Oct 21, 2008, 4:21:31 AM10/21/08
to 文本挖掘与信息检索研究论坛
As part of our recruitment effort, we will be running a series of
talks in Beijing Normal U., U. of Science and Technology, China
and Nanjing University. Please feel free to circulate these to
interested
students.

Talk 1: 22 Oct 08 Wed, 4-5 pm, 北师大,电子楼104
Talk 2: 23 Oct 08, Thur, 5:30-6:30pm, USTC, Hefei, Department of
Modern Physics Room 210
Talk 3, 24 Oct 08, Fri, 5-6pm, Nanjing U., Room TBA

Abstract:
Searching and Mining Complex Data
Emerging domains like biological data analysis, software engineering
data management and Web 2.0 had bring about large amount of high
dimensional and complex data in the form of sequences, tree, graphs.
Over the years, our group had developed various techniques in
searching and mining such complex data. In this talk, we will first
give an overview of these works before going into the details of two
of them; (1) k-n-match, a similarity function for comparing high
dimensional data (2) CSV: a visualizing technique for detecting
cohesive subgraphs in massive networks like social network
interaction
graph and co-authorship graphs. The concept of k-n-match was
published
in VLDB'06 (http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~atung/publication/
Vldb06_nmatch.pdf) while CSV was presented in SIGMOD'08 (http://
www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~atung/publication/sigmod08_csv.pdf).

Dr Anthony K. H. Tung is currently an Associate Professor in the
Department of Computer Science, National University of Singapore
(NUS). He received both his B.Sc.(2nd Class Honour) and M.Sc. in
computer sciences from the National University of Singapore in 1997
and 1998 respectively. In 2001, he receive the Ph.D. in computer
sciences from Simon Fraser University (SFU) under the supervision of
Prof. Jiawei Han. His research interests involve various aspects of
databases and data mining. More details of Anthony's research can be
obtained at www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~atung. This talk is part of a
recruitment seminar for NGS (http://www.nus.edu.sg/ngs/index.shtml).

NGS: 全称 NUS Graduate School for Integrative Science & Engineering.

NGSS: NGS scholarship, 每月高达3200新元(现约人民币15,700元/月)

另外每年有上限为6000新元的书费,一次性电脑费,会议出差费津贴。