Fw: A holistic approach to wellness in the fire service

wood...@aol.com

Mar 23, 2023, 2:42:05 PM3/23/23
to NJ Fire Chiefs, Arthur Hayducka, Frank Walters, Glenn Roemmich, Bill Newberry, Jacquelyn Moots, jhay...@gmail.com, vcor...@jeffersontownship.net, Ed Mullen, Christopher Burnett, Jud Moore, William Smith, Chris Assenheimer

sstate----- Forwarded Message -----
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2023 at 01:41:06 PM EDT
Subject: A holistic approach to wellness in the fire service

Having a program to help first responders with mental health "is a big deal..."
FirstNet Newsletter
March 2023
RESPONDER WELLNESS FOCUS
Huntington, West Virginia Fire Department
A holistic approach for wellness in the fire service
In Huntington, WV, police officers and first responders rely on the Compass Wellness Program to help with both physical and mental health. Hear how the fire department has integrated this program – complete with embedded coaches – into the lives of firefighters.
Watch video
Fire Chief, Fuller
A firefighter's mental well-being critical to ability to perform long-term
"The fire service is one of those professions where you are able to make a difference in people's lives – to take really bad situations when people may be suffering and make them better. But firefighting is also a very, very stressful job…And those stressors build up. …That's why it's so important that we address them by professionals trained to do that," writes Chief Fuller.
Learn more
First responders using the Huntington, West Virginia's Wellness Program
One firefighter's physical fitness journey
Embedded coaches in Huntington's Compass Program help the city's police officers and firefighters with their physical and mental wellness. Hear why Andrew Eplin finds this critical to helping him serve the community.
Watch video
Huntington, West Virginia Firefighter, Sam Roy
One firefighter's mental wellness journey
Sam Roy, a Huntington, WV, firefighter talks about the trauma he's had to process as part of the job. Having a program to help first responders with mental health "is a big deal," he says. Watch the video to learn more and read his blog post on FirstNet.com.
Watch video
Austin Sanders, Director, Compass Wellness
Compass: Prioritizing first responder wellness in Huntington
"In the City of Huntington, we had been facing an enormous challenge due to the opioid epidemic. We had so many resources going towards helping people struggling with addiction. And we needed to do something to take care of our first responders," writes Austin Sanders, Director, Compass. Read more to see how the program helps first responders stay healthy – mentally and physically.
Learn more
First Responders - Connect your way and save
Check out the latest promotions for individual users.
See offers
C.J. By CJ Gibbs, O2X Instructor and Denton, Texas, firefighter
How women stay physically fit, meet challenges of careers in public safety
"Public safety has grown to incorporate not only public safety services, but EMS, technical rescue, HazMat, psychologic crisis response and much more. But there are a few physical demands you can always count on… As a woman with 16 years in public safety, here's my best advice for anyone – especially other women," writes C.J. By CJ Gibbs, O2X Instructor and Denton, Texas, firefighter.
Learn more
Police officer with family
'FirstNet and Family' is here to keep your worlds connected
Public safety gets the mission critical network of FirstNet and families can save 25%* on the world class connectivity of AT&T. All on one bill, hassle free.
*Available only to verified FirstNet Subscriber Paid Users. Credits start within 3 bills. Add'l fees, taxes, charges and other restr's apply. Not available in U.S. Territories.
See offers
NEWS FOR FIRSTNET USERS
Agency Admins, get training on the digital tools you need
Learn how to manage your products and services with free courses that show you how to navigate the tools you need, including Uplift and FirstNet Central. Register today for our instructor‑led training courses available to you and your colleagues.
Register today
Surf Rescue Supervisor
FirstNet Push-to-talk: Moving beyond the boundaries of LMR
In a crisis, you need to collaborate with your team and other agencies quickly. FirstNet® Push‑To‑Talk gives you access to the mission-critical data/messaging and video you need to complete your mission.
Learn more
Agency Admins - Get your team the gear they need
Check out the latest promotions for agency paid users.
See offers
View in your browser
Facebook LinkedIn Twitter YouTube
Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe or manage subscription
This is a FirstNet promotional email.
FirstNet.com
DO NOT REPLY
FirstNet services and FirstNet customer care are provided by AT&T.
AT&T 208 South Akard Street, Dallas, TX 75202
©2023 AT&T Intellectual Property.
FirstNet and the FirstNet logo are registered trademarks of the First Responder Network Authority. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.