License of generated code

pavel.g...@sap.com

Nov 30, 2011, 8:14:19 AM11/30/11
to nixysa-users
Hi,

I am now considering using nixysa for a project and for the legal
approval I need to know if the code generated by nixysa falls under
some license (e.g. Apache 2.0).

Best Regards,
Pavel

Antoine Labour

Nov 30, 2011, 2:29:56 PM11/30/11
to nixysa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There are 2 things to note:
a- some files in nixysa, such as the files in static_glue, typically get included with code generated by nixysa.
b- generated code includes snippets of code that come from nixysa's python code.

The generated code is partially covered by Apache 2, partially not - The portions that come from nixysa, (a) and (b) are Apache 2, the other portions that come from the original IDL input aren't. So for all intents and purposes, it's Apache 2.

Obviously, check with your own laywers.

If it is a problem, let me know. It may be possible to add an exception.

Thanks,
Antoine