nixysa Chrome "has no method" HelloWorld - SOLVED.

Ravi Kiran

Oct 27, 2010, 7:58:50 AM10/27/10
to nixysa-users
Hi,

I tried nixysa today and its awesome for building NS plugins. It
probably saved me weeks of effort. When I went thru the tutorial and
tried running hello_world sample, it did not run in chrome ,but the
complex sample ran. I tried tinkering and found that if I change the
mime type name from upper case to lowercase in plugin.cc

const char *NP_GetMIMEDescription(void) {
return "application/helloworld::Hello World Test";
}

and in hw_test.cc

<object type="application/helloworld" id="plugin" width="0"
height="0"> </object>

and it starts working. I guess you cannot have the same name for Class
and mime.

Warm Regds,
Ravi Kiran.