Fix for Google Chrome 22

Mikhail Emelchenkov

Oct 9, 2012, 7:30:41 AM10/9/12
to nixysa...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Plugins build with nixysa don't work in Google Chrome version 22. I ported the patch, now all is OK. You can include it in the main branch. File should  replace nixysa/static_glue/npapi/main.cc. Here is a diff. Modified file is also attached.

74a75,92

> #if defined(OS_MACOSX)
> // On the Mac, starting from Google Chrome 22, we need to negotiate CoreGraphics and Cocoa even though we don't use it.
> // Select the right drawing model if necessary
> NPBool supportsCoreGraphics = false;
> if (NPN_GetValue(instance, NPNVsupportsCoreGraphicsBool, &supportsCoreGraphics) == NPERR_NO_ERROR && supportsCoreGraphics) {
> NPN_SetValue(instance, NPPVpluginDrawingModel, (void*)NPDrawingModelCoreGraphics);
> }
> // Select the Cocoa event model
> NPBool supportsCocoaEvents = false;
> if (NPN_GetValue(instance, NPNVsupportsCocoaBool, &supportsCocoaEvents) == NPERR_NO_ERROR && supportsCocoaEvents) {
> NPN_SetValue(instance, NPPVpluginEventModel, (void*)NPEventModelCocoa);
> }
> #endif

Mikhail Emelchenkov
main.cc

Antoine Labour

Oct 9, 2012, 9:07:43 PM10/9/12
to nixysa...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, October 9, 2012 4:30:41 AM UTC-7, Mikhail Emelchenkov wrote:
Hello,

Plugins build with nixysa don't work in Google Chrome version 22. I ported the patch, now all is OK. You can include it in the main branch. File should  replace nixysa/static_glue/npapi/main.cc. Here is a diff. Modified file is also attached.

Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for your patch.
I can incorporate it into the repository, however I need you to sign our "Contributor License Agreement" - basically layer-ese that gives us permission to use your contribution. Please sign it here electronically: http://code.google.com/legal/individual-cla-v1.0.html (if you are an individual) or have your employer submit this: http://code.google.com/legal/corporate-cla-v1.0.html . Thanks!

Antoine

Mikhail Emelchenkov

Oct 11, 2012, 3:51:19 PM10/11/12
to nixysa...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antoine,

We have submitted Corporate CLA. Thank you!

Mikhail Emelchenkov

Antoine Labour

Oct 12, 2012, 4:44:10 PM10/12/12
to nixysa...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Mikhail Emelchenkov <mik...@mylovecompany.com> wrote:
Hi Antoine,

We have submitted Corporate CLA. Thank you!

Mikhail Emelchenkov
Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for the CLA.
I uploaded your patch here: https://codereview.chromium.org/11131005/ after a couple of modifications to update to the local style. Could you double-check that that version still works for you? On your confirmation I will land this.

Thanks,
Antoine

Mikhail Emelchenkov

Oct 13, 2012, 5:03:02 PM10/13/12